Chapter 44

After finishing his lecture, Law told us he would take us to the ruins of Oden Castle on top of the nearby mountain.

Tama bid farewell to us as she was taken back to Amigasa Village, and the villagers thanked Luffy for his actions.

As you all arrived at the ruins of Oden Castle, Luffy spotted graves for Kin'emon, Kanjuro, Raizo, and Momonosuke, and was led to believe they were dead. However, Kin'emon then appeared, queasy but very alive, and Luffy also reunited with Momonosuke and his crew from Whole Cake Island while Kikunojo excitedly greeted Kin'emon.

Law and Kin'emon then took the Straw Hats inside to eat, and there, Kin'emon revealed that his group had come here by traveling 20 years forward in time.

Kin'emon talked about Oden's history, explaining that he was the son of shogun Kozuki Sukiyaki, but had been exiled from the Flower Capital for participating in violent fights.

While in exile, he went to Kuri, which was then the most lawless region in Wano, and defeated its most dangerous criminal Ashura Doji.

After rounding up the other criminals, Oden was granted the title of daimyo of Kuri by his father.
He gathered many of his followers during that time, including Inuarashi and Nekomamushi after they had drifted ashore. However, he felt confined by Wano's borders and so illegally set off to sea, first sailing with the Whitebeard Pirates before joining the Pirate King Gol D. Roger and the Roger Pirates.

However, this ultimately led to his execution 20 years ago. After Oden's execution, Kin'emon, Kanjuro, Raizo, Kiku, and another retainer managed to escape and head for Oden's wife - Toki and two children, Momonosuke and Hiyori, in Oden Castle, but Kaidou had set it ablaze.

After getting into the burning castle and finding Oden's family, Toki decided to send Momonosuke, Kin'emon, Kanjuro, Raizo, and Kikunojo forward in time with her Toki Toki no Mi ability while she would die there, and Kin'emon promised to fulfill Oden's wishes.

They were then sent 20 years into the future, where they saw gravestones with their names on it. They traveled through the new Wano and initially despaired, but they were able to find people who were still loyal to the Kozuki Family, and set off to sea to find more allies to fight Orochi and Kaidou, which led to them finding the Straw Hats and Heart pirates and you.

With the alliance now formed, Kin'emon revealed that their goal was not to wage a full-scale war, but to conduct a raid on Kaidou's home of Onigashima during the Fire Festival two weeks from now.

He presented a secret message to tell recipients to meet at the Habu Port at the appointed time, which they would pass out to their allies, who were marked by a crescent moon symbol on their ankles. Zoro's group was already working to gain intel in the Flower Capital, and the rest of the Straw Hats would do the same.

After a long conversation about the past, you finally found a right moment to speak with the Samurai.

"Do you happen to know anything about my grandmother?"

The took a moment to think and then they turn to eachother, all of them shake their heads to eachother and then Kin'emon turns to you.

"We aren't sure if she's still alive, neither of us have heard of her."

You nod in disappointment.

"But, I remember the location of the house she used to live in, perhaps you could visit that place?..you might find something important."

He proceeds to tell you the exact location of the house in details. You thank all of them, as you were about to head out, someone calls out your name.

"Y/n-ya!"