(1)

Elliot wakes up to another rumbling in the woods behind his castle house.

 It was getting sickening! Every night at 2 am something has to wake him up. Is it some kind of animal or something with the same routine every night? Why is it so loud?

He sits up on his bed and wipes his eyes. Elliot gets out of bed and walks over to his window. He sees a faint light shining behind a birch tree in the forest. It was always just this one light yet never anything else. No shadow, no nothing. Elliot was done playing these games, so he walked to his desk and sat down. He turns on a light that seems so blinding in the dark and he grabs a pen from a drawer and begins to write on a sticky note. "Go out into the woods in the morning."

He sighed before picking up the note and placing it on the back of his door so he can see it right when he was leaving his room. Elliot turns back to the table and turns off the light before heading back to bed. This time he'll find the source of the light and sound even if it takes all day and night to search.

Elliot now wakes up in the morning forgetting all about last night. He hops out of his bed and puts on his bunny slippers. A king's got to have cute slippers, right? The sun covers and blinds his eyes as he tries to open them but he manages. Elliot as always goes to have coffee downstairs before noticing a note on his door.

"What is this?" He asked out loud.

Elliot often has trouble with memory so he fails to recall if he was the one who put the note there but he decides it's better to listen to the instructions. He also decides to ignore his will to get coffee and he instead goes straight to throwing out the note, putting on his clothes, and walking downstairs.

Elliot quickly calls his guards and tells them to go and attempt to explore the forest so they could figure out what's been waking him up every night. The guards questioned what exactly it is that they are gonna do as this was the first time they'd heard about the king waking up every night but as guards, they listened and followed the king out to the forest behind his castle house.

(Hm, this story doesn't even have the accuracy to how kings live and stuff! Well, I don't care just read the story plus this is a fantasy story so everything is made to my liking :})

The leaves crunched under Elliot's and his guard's feet as they approached the trees. Elliot's guards almost stood in a pack behind him as Elliot lead them straight to where he had been seeing the light. All the guards had shields and even guns because the source of all of this could very well just be an animal or something much worse.

Elliot quickly stopped as he heard a quiet and high growl coming from deeper into the forest. One of the guards stayed back while the rest followed Elliot deeper into the mysterious forest. He finally reached the source of the sound and it turned out just to be a wolf pup. It was better to try not to bother it. Who wants to get a mother wolf mad anyway? As Elliot and his guards turned around deciding to go back to the spot where they had previously searched they heard a gunshot from there. It was loud and slightly rang in everyone's ears. The guard that stayed behind must've found something!

All of them ran back as fast as they could and found the guard with a gun in his hand. He looked a bit...terrified? The king slowed down and only began to walk toward the guard.

"Is everything alright?" Elliot asked in a slightly worried voice.

"Yeah, yeah...no everything is good..." The guard responded.

It didn't look like everything was alright though so Elliot decided to ask a question.

"What did you shoot?"

The guard looked at him, at his gun, and then back at him.

"A deer."

After just those two words slipped out of his mouth and he put the gun back to his side and turned to the king.

"My apologies for worrying you, my king." The guard said and walked back to the rest of them.

Elliot stood there without saying a word and without moving. He then looked back at his guards and decided to walk back to the castle with them. If the guard wasn't lying then there should be nothing to worry about even ignoring all the worried looks the guards gave to each other.

They all walked step by step back over to the big castle doors. Most days when leaving or entering these doors he wondered why he was even alive at this point but this time he had something else on his mind. The doors slowly opened letting Elliot and most of his guards back into the castle to protect him.

Elliot went straight up to his room. He sat down on his medium-sized bed and began thinking about what just happened. "It must've been an interesting deer for the guard to act like that upon shooting it." Elliot thought to himself. What made it more confusing is that this same guard was the only one that was capable of killing all kinds of animals and even monsters. It didn't seem right that he looked so...hm. What would you even describe the look?

The king decided to think of it no more and instead, he walked over to his desk, sat down, and began drawing to get his mind off things. He tried to draw the most terrifying creature ever. "Perhaps something close to what shocked the guard?" He thought. "No no, I need to stop thinking about that!" Yet he kept drawing it. It was almost like his hand was moving on its own. Elliot wasn't the best artist but he tried.

The more he looked at the finished piece the more he realized that it probably looked like nothing the guard saw yet it did remind him of something else. It was a creature he had seen in his nightmares when he was just a kid. "I'd look terrified too if I managed to shoot that thing."

Elliot began to draw more and more drawings until the sun went down. It's been the only thing on his mind that whole day after getting back from the search. He got so carried away in his drawings that he even began to start drawing people. The last drawing he drew before going to sleep was of a man aged 23-28 he had blonde, fluffy, and, almost medium hair with a bun in the back and green eyes with a slight hint of gray. He had on a black skirt and a light blue sweater top with a purple heart necklace to compliment it all. He also had freckles under his eyes, on his nose, and near his chin and slight stubble.

Elliot doesn't know how he ended up drawing this man but he looked beautiful.

He decided that if he somehow got from drawing scary creatures from his nightmares to drawing hot men that it was probably time to head to bed. Elliot laid down on his bed and closed his eyes before drifting off into a new story inside his head.