chapter nine.

THE GROUP MADE IT AT THE GATES OF ALEXANDRIA but they had to wait for the leader, known as Michonne, to come first. Isla recognised the name from when they were first captured. It was the taller woman with dreads who appeared very threatening. Isla felt that she was definitely suitable to be a leader.

A man with a metal arm and Michonne joined the blonde woman up at the top of the guard post which looked down at the entrance. He had a stern look on his face which obviously meant that he clearly didn't like the look of Isla or Lydia at the gates. But it was Michonne's judgement the girls cared about.

 "Henry's hurt. You were closest." Daryl first spoke up to the woman. "I wouldn't have come. We had no other choice."

Michonne's eyes flickered to Lydia and Isla indecisively before looking back at Daryl. "What about them?" She questioned. It was clear she trusted Daryl, despite being a leader she did care about other people's opinions. The girls were certainly lucky.

Henry steadied himself with his stick and firmly looked up at Michonne, "They're with us." Daryl agreed and gave her a nod, she turned around and muttered a few things to the guy with the metal arm before looking back.

"Open it!"

Thankfully the large gates open with a few creaks here and there. Michonne stepped down the ladder, the furious-looking guy behind her, as the others entered Alexandria. Isla definitely admired the giant community, she thought Hilltop was big but this place seemed bigger. A lot of walls, protection, and people. It felt like the exact opposite of the camp she was supposed to call 'home' with the Whisperers, however she still felt left out.

Michonne led them to the infirmary where Henry could get stitched up. He sat on the bed and lifted his leg up so it could be stitched, Lydia sat next to him and rubbed his back and Isla sat on a counter. She was almost impressed with the amount of medical equipment they had however it was also expected. If they had a large community like this it was obvious they would have a lot of tools.

Isla saw Michonne, Daryl, Connie and the blonde girl, also known as Laura, standing outside and chatting. Michonne then left, walking past Laura to whisper, "Keep an eye on the girls." Isla perfectly heard but acted like she didn't hear, she already knew that nobody else trusted them so far.

Lydia seemed desperate to gain their trust, but Isla still didn't know what she wanted.

After Henry got stitched the three of them walked outside for a bit until sitting on some steps so Henry could rest his newly stitched leg. He looked down at it as if he disliked it, making Isla silently admit it did look a bit ugly but at least it wouldn't get infected despite rushing through the woods just to get to this place, whilst also trying to cover our tracks as best as we could.

"It's gross. And it's gonna leave a huge scar." Henry thought as Lydia traced her fingers over it. Isla was sat cross-legged in front of them, looking off into the distance to admire more of the strange community. Laura was watching them like a hawk, standing close-by just in case.

"I like it-" Lydia told him.

"I don't."

"-You'll never forget what you did. Neither will I." Lydia continued and looked up at Henry. Isla saw Michonne then walk up to them, looking at the girls and then to Henry.

"Henry I need to speak to Lydia and Isla, alone." She said and folded her arms.

Lydia stood up, realising Henry couldn't walk properly. "It's okay, you stay."

Henry shot up despite the pain, insistingly, "It's okay. I gotta keep moving to make sure the stitches hold anyway." He replied and took his stick from behind him, using it to help him down the steps after Isla stood up to move out of his way.