chapter twenty four.

ISLA GAVE UP WITH TRYING to convince Daryl, and Lydia, to let them help get rid of the horde. Instead, she focused on killing the skins in the horde. She caught a glimpse of her father - not her father - Beta in the middle, looking around angrily. It made her stomach churn and she could feel her hidden knife in her hand shake until she looked away.

She crept up behind a Whisperer, stabbing them in the back. They screamed and attracted some walkers. Beta turned around to see walkers eating the dead skin, noticing a familiar person disappearing. Isla was glad she had a mask on, even if she hated it.

More yells of skins echoed around the place, like a domino effect. 

Isla watched her father get more frustrated from afar, spinning around madly every time a skin died. She was crazy enough to admit it if it wasn't for the hundreds of walkers next to her. But once she saw Beta run over to Negan, blades in hand, she had to act fast.

She took her machete out, making her way through the horde as fast as she could. She saw Beta throw a walker onto Negan, but he quickly killed it, although he wasn't fast enough to stop Beta from tackling him on the ground.

"For Alpha." Beta whispered, lifting up his blades. Walkers started to realise what was going on, despite how stupid they were, and started to limp closer. 

Isla made it first, seeing Daryl suddenly slice Beta to stun him work, making her run faster. As Beta stood up and directed himself at Daryl, Isla moved past the final walker and came into view. Before Beta could attack either Isla or Daryl, she plunged her machete into his chest and another knife in his neck. His eyes widened, realising his own daughter had basically killed him.

She let out a yell as she did so, watching Beta stumble backwards and into the group of walkers. Isla collapsed to her knees out of exhaustion, reaching her hand up and pulling her mask off, throwing it into the group of walkers beside her father. As Daryl helped Negan, she put her hand to her stomach to catch her breath, but something sharp made her move her hand.

She looked down to see a stab wound, and in front of her was one of her father's knives covered in fresh blood. Whilst she was distracted by the pain, she didn't realise that something was coming up behind her, hungry for her own flesh.

Suddenly, a walker behind her basically collapsed onto her, making her yell out frightfully.

Isla had left her weapons in her father's flesh, and there was nothing but her arms to keep the walker off her. She was too tired. Too exhausted to help herself. After everything she had been through, why didn't she feel better after just killing her father? And why couldn't she catch a fucking break?

She felt another excruciating pain in her stomach and on her leg, which was worse than a stab wound. It felt like teeth digging into her, trying to bite her insides. The thought made her sick, so sick that she kicked the walker off her. Once the walker fell off her, she rolled herself up and kicked the head of the walker again, stomping on it until the rotten flesh became a single lump.

"ISLA!" Daryl yelled, rushing over to her whilst Isla covered her stomach and trying to keep her wounded leg out of view. He put her arm around his neck and pulled her up as quick as he could, ignoring how her groans broke him. She forced her hand onto the wound, trying to hide it, but Daryl and Negan noticed.

Instead of listening to what Daryl was asking her, which sounded fuzzy to her, she watched her father get torn down by walkers. His mask fell off and his eyes were bleeding. Negan panted as he pulled his mask off, "Holy shit, did you see who that guy was?"

Isla whimpered as she moved in the slightest, "Half Moon. What a dick." She breathed out, trying to get the attention off her as she pulled off her mask and dropped it. The three of them rushed to the woods, Daryl was nearly dragging Isla as it pained her too much to walk.