About the Cover

The cover of Chronicles of the Craft Volume 1 is of a waxing moon.

Symbolically, the waxing moon signifies a growing of something, whether that is strength, power, knowledge or anything else. It can speak of learning, healing, the starting of a new project. It is the symbol of the Maiden and in terms of a cycle, it indicates beginning and newness.

A number of the stories in this volume are associated with the waxing moon. The unnamed character in "The Robed Ones" is about to embark on something new. In "Candle-Wishing", a young girl, uneducated in the ways of witchcraft, is about to learn a lesson. In "The Cauldron", a woman is about to discover how to use a cauldron that has been passed down in her family. Lilly in "The Dream Crystal" is drawn to the magic of crystals for the first time in her life. And finally, in "A Midsummer Mischief", a woman has her first encounter with faeries.

* * *

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this explanation of the symbolism of the book cover and how it ties in with some of the stories to be found in this book. I hope you enjoyed it. If you did, please consider pressing that little magic star and voting for it. If you would like to see this story expanded or extended, let me know in the comments :-)

Have a great day!