fin: home

I ran.

Far.

From the house that I was conceived,

From the parents that raised me,

From the people that isolated me,

From the town that hated me,

From everything and everyone.

But how far? How far should I run till the ghosts of my past cannot reach me?

1 week earlier...

"Hani? What if we eloped?"

A warm, soft smile carved. Hani giggles.

"Luth, no matter how hard Life throws at us, you know that running away will never be the solution right, Sayang?"

sayang. How does she say it ever so captivating, ever so effortlessly, ever so, home.

"But the town? Your parents? Your friends? What would they say if they caught us again?"

"Sayang, even if the whole world is against us, nothing would ever make me turn my back on you."

Again, sayang, how her voice is so angelic that the Heaven's up above rings, how her scent even the finest perfumer couldn't replicate, how her delicate skin that wools from the softest sheep wouldn't dare to imitate.

"But Hani, if we did, we can leave this all behind, start a new, you wouldn't bear this weight no longer, we can take the next ferry to the mainland, and run to the North. Just us two, for eternity."

"Luth, how exciting, but you can't just leave your parents here, can you? Regardless, no matter how they badmouth us, you remembered our promise, right?"

8 years ago...

Under an old tree upon the hill,

There was a clueless yet passionate boy who ever so curios of the word 'love'.

And there too, was a girl, who her age means nothing to the knowledge that she has read of the world.

"Hey, what's your name?", She asked.

Startled,

"Luth."

"Well dear Luth, what are you doing here?"

"I'm- I- uh, I'm looking at the ants.", He stutters while pointing at insects.

"Well dear Luth, are looking at ants is far more enthralling than playing with the kids at the fair?", She asks.

"The kids? I- uh- they don't like me.", He shrugs away.

"Well dear Luth, fortunate for you, I hereby declare as your friend!", She states as she extends her arm.

"Th-Thank you. Wh-What's your name?", He grab hold of Her hand.

Soft, warmth, safe.

"Well, my dear Luth, I'm Hani, pleased to be your acquaintance!", She exclaimed.

5 years has gone passed, Luth and Hani grown closer, day by day they meet at the old tree, Luth showing Hani every single insects He had learned and Hani fascinated, though She had learned in Her father's study. She's amazed the amount of effort Luth has put up to impress Her. Going to the public library to study, eavesdropping the old class and even secretly paid Miss Eve teaching Him science.

It is because, Luth was born with a predetermined future. His parent wouldn't let Him go to school because He must inherit the old farm and crops His family had built. Nevertheless, His soul to learn and Her attentiveness, can only mean one thing.