fin: again

My dream is to be able to manipulate time and go back through time. At first it was just the prize of being the first person to be able to do what no other human can. But then it became a matter of greed, lust and a major god complex.

Knowing there's a million ways of the experiment would go wrong, I'd still do it for the crave of knowledge. Knowing I could fix what went wrong and not bother what would happen to the future.

And so I did. And the people admired me for it. For days, weeks and months turn to years, they've praised for my achievements. At first I altered small things like putting money on the winning bet or giving myself a heads up on the stocks market. Until one day, a letter came.

That one letter, saying how selfish I was. Saying if I could go back through time then why didn't I saved those who were lost. Was I selfish? And it triggered me. Maybe I could've save the ones that I've lost.

And I did. Just there and then, multiple me has spawned. Fully armored and clad, saying if I'd time jumped now, I'll be regretting it for eternity. Without thinking much, I jumped.

Now, after twenty-four thousand and two jumps, after countless ruined timelines, thousands of dead duplicates of me, I still yet to find, the way. The way to cheat what people would call Death or Fate.

I've fought with too many versions of myself, I killed them all. I killed myself. I didn't want to continue no more, but my lust to find a timeline that I was still in love with the woman that I adored was nowhere to be found.

And here I am, standing on top of the bodies of my duplicates. Among the midst of my triumph against myself, feeling numb, cold and heavy, I stood up and witness more duplicates of myself all coming from both past and future with one goal. To try and stop me again.

With a heavy sigh, I unsheathe my sword that has took countless both innocent and guilty lives, swinging like a madman, delivering blow after blow, crushing skulls and slicing flesh, spilling blood and screaming my lungs out.

All that, for one timeline where I can be happy, again.