PART 18

EPISODE 2-FIRESTARTER

t.w-scenes of sexual assault

I've been trying to focus on the book in my hands, but my mind has been occupied by the recent events, and of course it doesn't help that Liam is staring at me and my stomach is full of butterflies because of it.

Thankfully, after Kitty pushed Tracy down the stairs, she wasn't severely injured and was let off lightly with only a sprained wrist and a couple of bruises. The house however is not in the best condition, being that it's basically on lockdown as Dennis has taken over.

There's locks all over the kitchen cabinets and the fridge so we literally can't even have snacks anymore. The living room is only open at certain times of the day, meaning we can't play pool.

Dennis claims that the 'discipline' he's instilled  is his way of dealing with the person that stole Johnny's money. But we all know he couldn't care less about Johnny's letters from our dad or his money. I feel bad for Johnny, I know those letters mean a lot to him, despite our father being a piece of shit, and he lost a lot of money on top of it.

"You talked to Jesse yet?" Liam asks from beside me, breaking me out of train of thought. I can tell he hates asking that question, he clearly wants the answer to be no. But I have to talk to him, I can't live my life without closure.

"Not yet" I reply, placing my bookmark in my book, having finally accepted my loss of concentration. "I should probably do it soon though"

He opens his mouth to respond but is quickly cut off by the annoying sound of the fire alarm.

"Ugh" He groans, jumping up from the bed and holding his hand out to help me up. "Does fire follow these lot or something?"

"Apparently" I sigh, following everyone else as we all rush outside just in case this isn't a drill as I'm hoping it is.

"Is this a drill?" Tee asks, reading my thoughts as we step out into the cold morning air. I smile slightly when I see she's holding Mr Hamster's cage, clearly just as scared as the rest of us that it is an actual fire.

"Wasn't at Burnywood" Rick shrugs, causing us all to widen our eyes at the realisation.

"But all our stuffs up there" She complains, trying to go back inside. I pull her back gently, shaking my head which is enough to convince her to stay outside.

"This had better be a joke" Liam says in a threatening joke, pushing Tyler roughly, causing him to frown in response and defend his innocence.

I shiver as we all stand in a line, impatiently waiting for someone to say something. Though, as soon as Dennis starts shouting, I'm pretty sure we all regret hoping that.