Part 29 | Shoe Boxes

I officially haven't talked to Liam in two days. Not one word has been said or texted. I'm starting to get an idea of how badly it's going to hurt when this limb is finally torn off. 

It's Friday evening and I am sitting in the Kappa living room, half listening to Heather explain the rules for tonight's game- a game that I don't give two shits about. I some how have managed to scrape by these past two nights, which makes me think I already have a golden ticket. Other girls that have been way more enthusiastic than I have been have gotten eliminated. So I am inclined to believe that I have already thankfully been chosen.

I should be more excited about it but I'm not.

I'm still clutching onto my phone like I have been every minute of every day and every buzz makes my heart beat fast. I'm always disappointed when I don't see Liam's name but I guess I am the one that broke up with him. I just thought he'd fight harder against my decision.

My woeful thoughts about Liam are interrupted when I notice all the Kappa's looking at me.

"Uh sorry Heather, I missed what you just said," I apologize and I see Ashley dramatically roll her eyes. I better fix my attitude because the golden ticket isn't officially in my hands yet.

"Yeah, I figured that much out for myself Ellie. I said all the ladies that have gotten immunity this week get to decide on which sorority we do it to." I glance to Mischa because I still have no idea what she's talking about.

"Do what to?" I ask and Heather narrows her eyes at me while Chloe and Ashley shake their heads. I better get my head in the game or I am done tonight.

"Will someone that's actually been paying attention please fill Ms. Adler in on what we are doing tonight?" Heather snaps.

Mischa quickly leans over to me and softly says, "You guys need to pick a sorority that we are going to dump our boxes of mice into." My eyes widen but no one else seems against this idea.

"Now that you are up to speed, can you please get with Emily and Mischa to pick a sorority?" Heather barks and the three of us immediately stand. We move over to a corner in the living room but I'm not the first to say something.

"I think we should do the Beta's. That house is a bunch of bitches," Emily states and her thoughts are dead set on that Sorority. She finds nothing wrong with dumping a bunch of mice into a girl's living quarters but Mischa is the opposite.

"I don't know you guys. This seems pretty messed up. And disgusting."

"They didn't ask us to decide if we were doing it. They asked us to decide who we are doing it to," Emily argues and I shake my head at Mischa.

"Unfortunately, Emily is right. It doesn't matter how we feel about it, it's going to happen with or without us," I reply back and Mischa still looks worried.

"Well if you two don't have an opinion, then we are going with the Betas." Emily spins around and I shrug my shoulder to Mischa. She shakes her head but I'm feeling what she's feeling.

"We decided on the Beta Theta Pi's," Emily announces and Heather nods her head.

"Okay little bitches, let's go out back to grab your boxes. The last girl to dump her mice and make it back to the Kappa house is out. And as always, if you get caught, you're out! So hurry hurry!"

Everyone springs up from their chairs and pushes each other outside. I'm clutching onto Mischa as we squeeze past other girls and make it to the back yard. There's twelve shoe boxes waiting for us pledges outside and everyone quickly finds the one with their name attached. Mischa is a little quicker to find hers but she waits for me to catch up. Emily is the first one out of the gate while Mischa and I land in the fifth and sixth spot.