Six

Walking down the steps, Jace looked at Callie. "Do you really want to be a Shadowhunter?"

"Yeah. I like helping people out and if it's to keep them safe from the supernatural, then count me in." She says. "So, the brothers, what will they try to uncover?"

Jace grabbed her hand causing her to hold on tight as they stopped. Jace pulled out a bright rock and handed it to Callie. "This is a witchlight." He tells her. "This way."

"You didn't answer my question."

"What parts of your mind isn't block."

They came to a stop at a statue with the mortal cup. "So that's the mortal cup?"

"Yeah."

She shined the witchlight on the sword and looked at Jace. "Is that some kind of creed or something?"

Jace chuckeled. "It's the Shadowhunters creed. "Looking better in black than the widows of our enemies."

Callie laughed as she looked back at the creed. "Yeah, I don't think that's what it says." She tells him. "But nice try."

Jace let go of her hand and put his hand on her back as he started reading the creed. "For Shadowhunters, the decent to hell is east." He reads.

Callie looked at Jace. "Now that's one way to put it." She says. "Which way."

"This way."

Callie followed Jace closley. They came to a stop seeing light. She handed the light over causing Jace to put it up. The blonde grabbed the blonde causing him to loook at her. "I'm sorry for what my sister said about your mom." She tells him. "I was upset and Clary was being a selfish person as alway...I didn't know and I should have never said the things I said."

Jace smiled. "It's cute that you assume that I have feelings." He says. "I don't."

Callie shrugged. "It's worth a try."

"Save the apologies for the mundanes." Callie rolled her eyes as she knew that her and Jace were a like in some ways. "Everyone has a sad song. My mother died when I was a baby. My father died when I was ten."

"Wow. I'm so sorry." She says as he looked at her. "Um..is your father buried here?"

"No." He tells her in a whisper. "Circle members are considered traitors. They forfeited their rights to be buried here."

"Oh." Callie says. "Your dad was in the Circle too?"

"My father tried to do the right thing and leave the Circle and it cost him his life."

Callie grabbed Jace's hand as they stared into each other's eyes. "So that's why you're doing all of this." She says. "Why you're helping me."

Jace looked away from her and then looked at her again as he moved her blonde hair. "Valentine and his people needs to pay." Jace tells her. "I'm going to make them pay."

"Then we can do it together." Callie says. "They have my mother and if they harmed her in any way, I will kill them myself." Callie took his hand as she stepped a little forward as the small space between them closed. "I'm sorry for what it's worth."

"No more "I'm sorrys." He tells her. "You're a Shadowhunter now."

Callie smiled as they walked away with their hands still entwined. Neihter of them let go as they entered the small room. Jace squeezed her hand as they came to a stop to see the circle in the middle with bones.

Seeing the skeletal remains, Callie knew where she's seen this. "I've drawn this room before." She tells him. "I just never knew what that means."

Jace looked at the floor as she was. "It means "clairvoyance."

Callie looked at him as they heard the sounds of fire. They looked behind them to see there was light and back in front of them to see the brothers. Callie knew this was the moment she has been waiting for. To uncover her memories.