Five

They arrived at the City of Bones, but Callie wasn't effected by the looks of this place. "Now I like this place." Mike say causing Callie to laugh. "See that's why we are friends."

"This place is cool."

"You're not afraid?" Izzy asked.

Callie and Mike shared a look. "I think they need to know us a bit better."

"It's Callie and Mike to you." Simon says. "They literally laugh at the face a fear."

"Let's check it out." Alec says making Callie go to walk with them, but Jace stopped her.

"Stay here." He tells her as he moved her blonde hair behind her ear. "I need to make sure it's safe."

Callie nodded as he walked away. Mike looked at her as Simon kept talking about why are they doing this and that they don't even know them. "Callie, what's wrong?" Mike asked.

"That I'm never going to save my mom." She says with tears in her eyes. "I feel like I'm losing everything. My sister, I lost long time ago and now mom." Callie sighed as she found a spot to sit down as she wiped her tears. "Meeting Jace gave me hope of finding mom and finding where I belong."

Mike hugged his best friend. "You have family. You have me." He says. "We are more brother and sister than anyone."

Mike looked at Callie as she looked at Jace to see him looking at her. She smiled as Simon looked at her. "How are you not freaked out over this?"

"Like I said before, it felt as if something was missing and I guess I found it." She says. "Now why did you come with me when Clary is the one you hang out with."

"Someone has to make sure you two don't do anything rational."

Callie rolled her eyes as did Mike. "Man, Callie knows what's she's doing. Let her be."

"Callie." She heard her name. "Come on, it's all clear."

Callie looked at Mike. "Don't do something I wouldn't do."

"Hey! That's my line!" He says as she walked away causing Mike and Simon to follow.
~~~
"You have to understand the Silent Brothers aren't like us." Jace tells her.

"Okay."

"Brother communicate without using words, using just their thoughts." Jace continues as he grabs her hand.

"Okay, that doesn't really sound that bad." She says causing Jace to smile a bit.

"Don't let their silence fool you." Jace tells her. "They'll hold the soul sword up to your head and with its blade, carve the truth from your mind." Callie didn't know what to say about this. "If you're not strong enough, you will die."

"That's unsettling." She says. "But Clary will be happy with my death."

Jace looked at her hurt that she would say that. He didn't want her dead. "Callie, you should know the pain will be excruciating. You don't have to..."

"Don't finish that sentence because I will do it." She tells him. "Walk through fire, battle demons, I'll do whatever it takes." She looked at the blonde in front of her. "I have to get my mom back." With tears in her eyes, Jace knew she was going to do this. "I won't lose her."

"You won't." He promised as he wiped a tear from her face. "We won't."

"Thank you." She tells him as Mike saw the way Jace just acted with Callie as she followed him.

"I'm not the only one who sees that those two will end up together." Mike says.

"Definitely not." Izzy says. "I ship them."

Alec shook his head. "She's not that bad." He says. "If she is the only help we have, then I can start liking her as a friend."
~~~
They came to a stop and saw a skeleton. She looked at Mike. "You're going to enjoy this."

"You know me so well." She tells him. "I can do this."

"That's true." Simon says. "You were never afraid of anything and once you're mind is set on something. You have to complete it."

Callie looked at Jace. "Let's go in." She says.

Simon was stopped back by Mike. "We don't go in." He says. "This is Callie and Jace's mission. Not ours."

"I would listen to him." Jace says. "Because in there. You will get killed."

Callie shook her head. "He hangs around Clary a bit too much. Simon, that is a very bad idea. Let us go in. I'm a big girl. I don't need to be protected forever." She says.

Simon stopped and watched as Callie and Jace walked in together never letting go of their hands. Mike looked at Izzy. "So we wait?"

"So we wait."