-CHAPTER 12-

Lou was laying across Rune's lap, watching the colorful cartoon movie more asleep than awake. Rune's fingers ran through her hair. She was beyond content.

"How about a date tomorrow?" Rune asked.

"A date?" Lou repeated.

"Yes. You always follow me to work, but we never get a chance to do what you want to do."

Lou turned over so she was laying flat on her back, looking up at him. He gave her a sweet kiss.

"I like going to work with you, and we go to the library a lot. I count them as dates," she concluded.

"You do?" he asked, a low drawl that warmed her inside and out. She could listen to him talk all the time. "Princess, if you think those are dates, I think we have a problem."

"How about chicken tenders and milkshakes?" she asked.

"Deal."

Lou sat up, swinging around him until she was straddling his waist.

"I like this position better," Rune said, grabbing her hips. His hands slid up.

She smiled, not so sleepy now. She pressed her lips onto his, circling her hips slowly.

Rune released a deep moan, sinking lower into the couch.

"Do it again," he demanded.

It made Lou way more excited to know that she could turn him on just like he did her.

She moved her hips again, and let out a surprised sound when Rune stood up, with her around his waist. She laughed at his impatientness.

She was dropped onto the bed, and Rune pulled her to the edge by her feet.

"I bet you're fucking soaked. Aren't you, honey?" He pulled down her pajama bottoms and panties all in one go.

"Yes," she said breathlessly. "Hurry up."

"Don't tell me what to do," he said, giving her upper thigh a firm slap.

He softened his expression.  "What do you want, Lou?"

He smoothed her hair from her face, helping her pull her shirt over her head. He removed his, kicking down his pants.

"You. I need you," she whispered, taking his hand and placing it between her legs.

He gave a devilish smile, his fingers running through her damp folds.

"Just like I thought," he said, pushing in his index finger. Lou let out a moan, throwing her head back.

Rune pushed in another finger, slowly stretching her.

"You're teasing me," she said.

He picked up the pace immediately, moving his fingers rapidly. Lou yelled out. Her legs began to shake, and he stopped, pulling out his dripping fingers.

"Rune," she snapped, sounding pissed.

He couldn't help but chuckle. "Easy there, brat. You only get to cum on my cock tonight."

She moved back towards the middle of the bed, spreading her legs. Rune pulled off his briefs before moving to hover over her.

"Just let me know if you need me to stop or slow down, okay?"

Lou nodded, cupping his cheeks to give him a hot kiss.

He lined himself up with her, gently pushing in. Lou winced, and he dropped onto his forearms. She felt so fucking good. She fit him like a glove.

He moved a little bit, moving a little faster when Lou let out a sweet moan.

"You look so beautiful taking me," he cooed. "Doing such a good job. Fuck."

She finally relaxed, moving with him.

"Faster," she panted, making cute little noises. He bent his head to swallow them.

He picked up the pace, and she started to clench around him.

"That's it, baby. Cum for me."

Lou cried out, and just in time too. He pulled out, finishing onto her leg.

He captured her lips, sealing the precious moment they had just shared.

"You're so beautiful, Lou," he told her. A pretty blush covered her already flushed features. "Let me get you cleaned up."

After they got cleaned up, they curled close together.

"I like when you talk like that," Lou admitted with a mischievous smile.

Rune smirked, kissing her cheek. "Good to know."

She traced the ink that covered his chest and arms, feeling completely and totally happy.

---

"I think the witch killed her brother. It only makes sense," Lou told Rune as they stepped out of the diner and onto the street. It was quiet out. She looped her arm through his as they started the short walk to the car.

"You only started reading the last few chapters to me. I don't have much of an idea yet," Rune answered.

Lou opened her mouth to reply, but her world slowed down.

One ear piercing gunshot made Rune fall to the ground with a cry that shattered her. She screamed his name.

"Get out of here," he told her breathlessly, gesturing for her to go. He couldn't stand upright and his hand covering his side was covered in blood. He dropped onto the pavement and she followed, feeling sick from the sight of blood.

"I'm not going anywhere without you," she said, pulling out her phone. She glanced around, but it was still quiet.

Until everything went black.