Ive run out of title names

"Photos, dinners, etiquette classes, dance lessons, walking lessons, rehearsals

"Photos, dinners, etiquette classes, dance lessons, walking lessons, rehearsals...."

The organizer lady has been going on and on about the importance of preparing for the debutante ball. But I can't focus on any of it because this green cube dessert Eric put on my plate is so good.

It tastes like vanilla, it's not too sweet, and the outside tastes like pear or something.

I whip out my phone to tell Eric the news.

me
hello?? This dessert is delicious

Eric
DUDE IKR
i told you so, remember that

me
remember what

eric
that I'm always right

me

but I don't remember things that are false :)

eric
you little shit

me
it's literally so good i almost moaned out loud

eric
don't say that out loud someone might make a very innapropriate thats what she said joke

me
someone like you?

eric
ofc someone like me

I hear a quiet snicker and I glance behind me where Eric is laughing. He covers his hand over his mouth when the lady shoots him a glare.

I roll my eyes and I look back at the table. The blonde girl across from me looks annoyed so I put my phone away and try to listen.

When she's done making her speech, the lady dismisses us and allows us to stand up and mingle with other people.

"hey, Serafina." I pull her aside right before  she tries to sneak out of the room.

"What?" She whispers. "I'm trying to get out of here."

"I know." I say. "But how much on average to debutante dresses cost?"

"Hmm, like 300-800." Serafina answers. "Why?"

"just-just wondering." I say and she sneaks away.

Oh lord how in the world am I going to find a dress? My budget was like 150 at most. Working at this country club pays well, but not that well.

"Why are you staring at the door like you're going to burn it down?" Eric suddenly materializes himself right next to me.

"Huh?" I snap out of it. "No, nothing I just spaced out for a second."

"You look like an idiot standing here alone." Eric says.

"Oh, then lets go mingle I guess." I say.

We walk to a circle of people talking quietly together. I spot the blonde girl at my table, Quinn, among them.