Three

My eyes widened and a shaky breath passed my lips

He is bigger and stronger.

 So without wasting a second, I ran the opposite way, tipping and throwing anything I could to slow him down as I raced away from him.

Please. Let me make it to the room before him. If I make it to the room, I can buy time. Please!

Pain seared from my head as I was pulled back. Then suddenly, I was thrown against another wall. My body hit the wall with a thud and fell to the floor facedown. Disoriented, I flailed my arms around me to grab something as he pulled my legs to drag me back to where he pushed me the first time. 

Anything! Please fucking god! Grab something!

My hands grasped a heavy but small bookend that had fallen from one of the small shelves I had tipped over earlier. I hid it under me as he continued to pull me back. Then he stopped and let out a heavy sigh, "Sit against the wall, sweetheart." 

Slowly, I got on my knees, while carefully keeping the item hidden away behind my back. I leaned against the wall and looked at him again. 

He looked at me with amusement. I turned away and looked at the floor. He walked to me and bent down unto his knees. A shiver went through me as his fingers accidentally touched my skin while pushing a strand of my hair back in place. 

"Now, let us not make this anymore exhausting. Just be a good little wolf girl." He grasped a bundle of my hair and pushed my face close to his. As I was straining my head to keep it away as possible, he kept pulling my face to him by my hair. 

"Oh sweetheart, you have the most beautiful lips."

Disgusted and frustrated, I glared at him and said, "I can't say the same, asshole." With that, I grabbed the bookend and slammed it against the side of his head. He let go of my hair and collapsed on the floor, holding his face. Again, I gripped the bookend, and this time slammed it down with all my force against his face and ran upstairs towards my bedroom. 

I closed the door and locked all the locks on it. Then ran towards one end of a big vanity dresser and pushed it against the door. I walked quickly to the bed and grasped the knife that I kept under it. 

Let it be enough time. Let it be enough time. 

"You fucking bitch! Where the hell are you?!"

Breath. Calm down. Breath.

Then the door started shaking while he banged on it. He kept pounding on it while he yelled angrily. The door wasn't going to hold him. It was slowly bending on its hinges. The locks bent outwards and were disconnecting from the wall.

I hid the knife under the pillow and ran to the closet to grab a metal pole I kept. 

The door caved and the dresser didn't even play an obstacle to the man. He ran into the room and headed towards me. I swung the pole and hit him on his side, but the man did not flinch. He grasped it and flung it away. Then he grabbed my shoulders and threw me on the bed. My back landed on the mattress while he got on top of me and slapped me. My arms swung around me trying to get the knife I had hidden. 

"You stupid bitch. Look what the hell you did. I was going to play nice and then you went and ruined it!"

Angered, he started to choke me. 

The knife. The knife. Please.

My hands grabbed a hold of it and rapidly swung the knife towards his neck. I stabbed it in and with all my might pulled it across, splitting the side of his neck open. 

A gurgled scream escaped his lips and again I took the knife and plunged it with all my strength into his head. His body went limp. 

Pained gasps left my mouth as I lay on the bed with the heavy corpse on top of me. Blood trickled down the sides, staining the sheets red. My hands, which still held the knife tightly, trembled.

It was hard to breathe. The mass on top of me was crushing me down. I tried to push it off me but to no avail. I was getting more tired by the second. My vision became hazy quickly and my limbs were starting to get heavier. 

There were now multiple footsteps thundering down the hall. They were coming closer.

"Captain Lycus!"

My vision had abandoned me and I felt myself shutting down. I let out a sigh of relief. Rest. Finally.

The weight on me vanished and warm hands touched my face , giving sparks of electricity.

"Derick, call the paramedics."

"Yes, Sir!"

"It is going to be ok, My Angel. Hold on. You are safe. Now and forever."

What was he saying? 

My ears were ringing, making it hard for me to understand what he said. 

All I knew was that I needed to let the Doctor know. 

"Tell Dr. Ronan. Dr. Ronan Dorin," I said weakly. 

"Steven, contact this Dr. Ronan immediately."

"Yes, Captain."

"Dr. Ronan...Dr. Ronan...," and with that, sleep finally came.