Rescue in The Jungle

(Y/n) POV

I have been called up from the reserves for my annual training review and for new assignments. I passed the written review with flying colors but for the physical training, the higher ups are doing something a bit different. Today I am on a plane flying over a river in South America.

*satellite phone ringing*

I look at the caller number, flip the satellite reciever and answer.

(Y/n): Sergeant (L/n)!

Morshower: Sergeant. General Morshower, I will be overseeing your training mission.

(Y/n): What exactly is my mission, Sir!

Morshower: We recieved a distress call from the Brazilian Government. One of their doctors, Dr. Ramos, went into the jungle to deliver life saving medicine to remote villages deep in the Brazilian Rainforest. Your mission is to find that doctor, call in a rescue copter, and deliver the medicine yourself. You will have no ground support, so you won't have backup once you leave the plane.

(Y/n): Radio silence. Got it.

Morshower: We've pinged the village and where the doctor's last known location onto your GPS. When your mission is complete, call for extraction location. Questions?

(Y/n): No questions, Sir!

Morshower: Good luck, Sergeant. Over and out. *hangs up*

I put the phone in my backpack after turning it off to conserve battery life, I then pack my GPS, water canteen, survival knife, a machete, rappelling rope, and a slingshot. I had to leave my Creature Power Suit with the Wild Kratts so I didn't risk it, or the Power Discs, falling into the wrong hands.

Pilot: We only have one shot at this, otherwise I have to return to base for fuel!

(Y/n): Understood!

I put the bacpack on, and wrap the rope across my shoulder, I open the door and wait until the plane flies close to the river's surface, I then take one last deep breath and fall out of the plane and land in the water. I quickly make my way back to the surface and see the plane leave the area before making my way to the shore. I check my GPS and see two locations pinging on the screen, the further one is most likely the village and from the doctor's last known, she's probably about 15 miles North.

(Y/n): *checks surroundings* Good grief.

I looked at the riverbank and immediately had a decision to make, either use my machete and bushwack though the jungle undergrowth, which means it'll keep me on track with the doctor's heading, but be sweaty and exhausting work, I also risk running into jaguars or snakes. Or I can ford a river, which will be faster but I then run the risk of encountering Anacondas or Caimans. Since I have no backup, or tools to use against anaconda's and caiman, I decide to use my machete to bushwhack through the undergrowth of the jungle.

(Y/n): *deep breath* The thing about the jungle is that everything is tightly packed together, so it makes travelling across the ground difficult. And because everything is so dense, most animals have to be small because there's so much competition for food.

An hour later and I am back on dry land and moving through the undergrowth.

*monkey call*