Elephant in the Room

(Y/n) POV

     I'm in the driver's seat of the Createrra, speeding across the savannah.

Chris: Whoa! Dude, slow down!

Martin: For our sakes!

(Y/n): Are you kidding?! There's a herd of elephants nearby. Elephants are my absolute favorite animals on the planet. Why wouldn't I be excited?!

Chris: From what we were told, that herd is probably a maternal herd, with moms and babies.

Martin: Speaking of girls, Mom called this morning.

Chris: She called me too.

(Y/n): Hey, my mom called me today as well.

Chris: Isn't it nice that our mom's check in on us every once in a while?

Martin: *casually* Yeah, I always thought of her like a cow.

(Y/n): Huh?

Chris: Did you just say what I think you just said?

Martin: Not that kind of cow, a female elephant is called a cow and she takes really good care of her kid, up to 10 years.

(Y/n): That image isn't going away anytime soon.

*baby elephant trumpet*

(Y/n): Uh-oh. Sounds like a baby elephant in trouble.

       I step on the gas and head towards the call until I see a baby elephant walks out of the bushes next to a large boulder, I hit the brakes and the brothers fall forward into the front seat.

(Y/n): It is a baby elephant.

Martin: *recovers* And he is in trouble.

(Y/n): Get the first aid kit, Chris.

      I hop out and can tell this baby is scared, so I approach with some caution.

(Y/n): Easy bud. We're here to help.

      The baby suddenly ran towards me and wrapped it's trunk around my waist and pressed itself against me.

(Y/n): Okay? There, there, bud. You'll be okay now. Brothers, check his back right foot, I think he's limping.

Chris: Got it.

      I continue stroking the baby's head and let him stay close to me, like he normally would do to his mom. Chris then let's me know what they found.

Chris: (Y/n), no wonder he was limping, he's got a thorn in his foot.

(Y/n): Elephant feet are really sensitive, it's strange because elephants are usually very careful about where they step, but accidents do happen.

Martin: That's why I'm gonna name him Thornsly.

Chris: Something else is wrong. He's alone, no sign of his mom anywhere.