Nine

It was two in the afternoon when I awoke from my drugged slumber. I have been on those pills for nearly a week now, and they are my life. I recently increased my dosage from two pills a day to three. Of course I haven't told Jake, because he would take them away, but they work better with a higher dosage. Everything's been a blur, especially since I still have been getting letters from my mystery stalkers.

Ashli lit up my phone screen and I decided to answer it this time.

"Hey."

"Are you okay, I thought you died or something."

"No, I've been really sick lately."

"Oh, I hope you feel great for tonight."

"What's tonight?"

"Winter break party at John's."

"I'm not going to that."

"Oh, yes you are. The cutest guys always go to John's parties. And besides he needs to see that he's not affecting you."

"I guess it could be a good idea."

"No arguing, what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I just need to get out of the house."

"Ok, starts at nine."

"I'll see you there."

I hung up the phone and looked through my closet to figure out what I was going to wear. I settled for some black jeans and an off the shoulder black top with black heels. I put on black eyeliner, mascara, and black eye shadow. I didn't feel like going in special attire, so I went casual.

I went to Jake's room and knocked on his door. He opened the door with his usual black, tight attire.

"We're going to a party." I told him

"When?"

"Now."

He grabbed his jacket and we left to the car. We nearly looked like twins with our colors and sullen faces. I gave him the directions to John's house and the car was silent the rest of the way. We parked around the corner, but when I tried to get out he locked the door.

"Did you take any pills today ?" he asked

"No."

"You sure?" he asked

"Yea." I nodded

He took a joint from behind his ear and put it in his mouth. He began looking for his lighter when I remembered he gave it to me. I pulled it out of my pocket and lit it for him. He smiled and I couldn't help but mask his grin on my face. He inhaled it twice before passing it to me while exhaling. I took a few hits before passing it back to him.

"I hope they have food in there." He said

I laughed at him for a while before he joined in.

"Pancakes." We both said in unison

We sat there for at least 10 minutes before getting out of the car, still laughing I almost tripped and fell but Jake caught me.

"You okay?" he laughed

"Yea." I nodded laughing

I locked arms with him so I wouldn't trip again. We walked in eyes red and hung low. People had drinks in one hand while holding a cigarette in the other, while making out against the walls. I saw John in the distance and I nudged Jake and signaled with my head.

"That's him."

"That's John?" he asked

"Yep, the douche himself." I replied