Chapter 17: The Cat to my Bat

Luz Pov

It's been a couple days since Zander left hexside. It's amazing me and amity are closer than ever and i want to ask her out but i don't know how. I know Steve is on campus today since it's friday. I walk over to his office. "Hey luz it's been a while what's up?" I tell him about the adventure and a half he missed and then I say: "Okay so how do I ask her out?" "well wow i surely missed a lot i was only on vacation with lili- I MEAN LILY YEA" "Your dating Lilith?!" "No we are friends but I didn't want you to know because she told me about the last time you talked." And i said talk to the glyph witch. "Well yea..." i say "well i was right" the rolls his chair to the magazine shelf. "She is the cat to your bat" He says chuckling "oh shut up." I said with a giggle. "Well all i can say is ask her out on saturday."

After chatting and keeping up with one another. I decided to leave. I went to my dorm and walked inside. Once i got inside i called out for amity. "Hey ams, you home?" "Yeah, can you come to my room real quick." She says, I walk into her room and she motions me to sit next to her. As soon as I sat down we both said, "I need to tell you something." We both giggled and went back and forth on who should go first. "Okay how about we do it at the same time." i suggest. "Okay on the count of 3. 1, 2, 3!"

"Will you go out with me?!" we both yell. Then we laugh at how embarrassing that was. "Okay tomorrow?" Amity asked. "Yea and I'm picking the place." I say. "Okay, I'm going to bed. Goodnigh-" "NO- no stay please?" Amity asked. "Okay well i'm going to take a shower." Once I finished my shower I walked back into the room and found amity already sound asleep and turned off the alarm that blared at 6 am, so she can get a good sleep. I got into bed and listened to amity's quiet breathing and drifted to bed.