Chapter 13: Zander

Amity pov

Me and luz started walking to class and since my class was right next door to hers we always took the long way. We were chatting like always and class started and we parted ways. everytime we do, I miss her even more. i was trying to focus on drawing but that obviously didn't work because all i can think about was Luz and this morning.

As the bell rang i quickly got out and walked over to luz classroom and waited patiently. as she got out she looked over at me and was shocked. I turned around and as soon as I did that god awful guy spoke. "hey amity.. Did you miss me? Zander spoke. as i was going to speak Luz cut in. "I suggest you move before you get another broken nose." then he started to shake his head and laugh. "see but you can't." me and luz gave him a questioning look. "Her parents arranged a marriage right after summer break at her house." Then I looked at Luz with horror. Luz was pale just staring at me and didn't even bother to say anything; she just looked at the floor and at her shoes.

"How about me and my future wife go to lunch?" he spoke sternly at me. "NOO" then he swiftly grabbed my arm and pulled me away. "Listen here bitch. your going to to what i tell you to or i'll use it against you and get luz expelled. I don't think you want that so do what i say." he whispered in my ear. all i could do in that moment was stare at luz with horror and with her expression she looked saddened.