Chapter 3: The drive

Amity pov

"Luz are you okay?" I asked, seeing that she made a mess and there was now a puddle of water on the counter. "Uh mhm yea i'm good." I don't know what she was fixated on but I brushed it off. Buzz Buzz. I open my phone and see the message. Willow: are you ready? We are almost heading to the restaurant. Crap, how did i forget the time. "LUZ!" I yell and cause Luz to spit her water everywhere. "yEa" she says back, choking. "Time to go!"

Luz immediately grabs Amity's car keys and takes off to the car. They both hold each other's hand and run in the rain, laughing and talking. I see someone in the corner of my eyes but brushes it off because I'm having such a wonderful time. I wouldn't say my dorm is too far from maybe like a 10 minute walk, but with luz it just felt like seconds. As we reach the car luz opens the passenger door for me. "Here you go madam." as she bows. I giggle and say. "Why thank you gentlemen." we both get in the car and start driving.

Luz and I talk as the songs play. I ask her the question "Hey, I saw you have azura books, do you read them too?" I asked with such delight. She chuckles and says, "yea, i love the book series and i recently got book 7." OMG she loves azura and she's pretty.. I mean no she's not. "Omg this is my song!!" Luz says as she starts singing.

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset

She's going off about something that you said

'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do""

I start to giggle and she keeps singing

""I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night

I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like

And she'll never know your story like I do

Once I finished my laughing fit she gives me an eye to sing with her so i give in.

But she wears short skirts

I wear T-shirts

She's Cheer Captain, and I'm on the bleachers

Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find

That what you're looking for has been here the whole time"

if before we were not serious about this song, now we are. We are both facing each other for this last part.

""If you could see that I'm the one

Who understands you

Been here all along

So, why can't you see?

You belong with me

You belong with me"

Once the song finished, we both started laughing and I could tell there was a spark between us at that moment, but there was always a storm before a rainbow.