Chapter 31: In the closet?

"I would really appreciate an explanation right about now, Jo."

"Uhm..."

"I don't think this qualifies as an answer. What were you doing in your mom's office after hours?"

"Nothing much."

"Still waiting for an actual answer."

"I was just searching for mom."

"In the closet?"

"Not exactly the brightest idea, I know."

"Bright idea? You were in the closet with Penelope after midnight in your mom's office."

"Ironic, right? Since I just got out of the closet."

Josie attempted a fake laugh to lighten the mood. Needless to say: the gloomy mood was unwavering in its stance.

Stefan stayed silent and looked into Josie's eyes, uttering strong feelings of disappointment and frustration. Josie couldn't take it. This look was one she knew very well. A look her father used to give her when she needed his presence and when she asked for his attention. It was the look her mom gave her yesterday. The look Lizzie gave her when she found out about Rafael. It seems this look was becoming a persisting and relentless reminder of her screw-ups.

 It seems this look was becoming a persisting and relentless reminder of her screw-ups

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/653514595935724854/

"Not only were you there after hours, but you also brought a few of your friends along for the ride."

"I needed backup..."

"Backup? This isn't SPY KIDS, Jo."

"The way mom has been acting

"The way mom has been acting... Villain suits her fine. Of course, I had to break in. She would have never told me anything otherwise."

"We used to talk. You used to confide in me. I'm still here, Jo. You just need to talk to me."