Chapter 11: We need to talk...

Hope was walking in the halls haunted by mesmerizing brown eyes, not really listening to the speech of the curly-haired boy.

It's not that she didn't want to listen per se; it's that she was still kind of worried... 

Seeing the image of the unconscious girl was like a hard wake-up call. 

The image kept popping in her head like an uninvited guest and established itself as a permanent resident in her memory.

"Hey, do you hear that?" opens Landon, pulling her out of her thoughts.

Yes, she was... Hearing that.

A Bossa Nova tune of All Night Long was playing ...

She liked listening to Bossa Nova and jazz music, whilst painting. Always had liked it since her dad introduced her to jazz.

Oh right, her phone...

"Hey Landon; would you mind if we rescheduled? Today has been quite draining, and aunt Freya is calling me from New Orleans. I haven't talked to her since I landed".

"Yeah of course..." started saying Landon to the fleeting girl who had already left his side.

Source: https://www

Source: https://www.pinterest.ph/pin/810648001669414586/

"Hey aunt Freya"

"Hey, honey. "

"So what's up?"

"I am sorry, I know it's your first day, but we kinda need to talk..."

"It's alright. I wanted to call you today anyway; Is everything okay?"

"Maybe you should sit down... Do you remember detective Cordelia, Hope?"

"Yes..." 

Hope held her breath whilst waiting for the rest of the story. 

"Well, Roman called to warn us that they dragged him to the precinct to give his statement."

"Oh... what did he tell them?" asked Hope whilst panting slightly.

"He told them that he doesn't remember anything. Cordelia didn't buy it and asked him not to leave the city. And according to him, it didn't sound like a request".

"So, I gather she'll be coming at me soon..."

"Hopefully not. I will see what we can do to stop her, or at least stall her while we find a more permanent solution. Your aunt Rebecca is coming tomorrow to join the fun. Let's hope she doesn't make things worse by stabbing Cordelia in the heart."