Chapter 23

"Your charging time took around 187.82% longer than usual, if you claim to have finished around 2:20 A.M." the technician wiped off the nonexistent sweat from his forehead, his laid-back gaze remaining on the charging station which he checked, then, back to the tall animatronic who requested for such maintenance check.

The animatronic did as well, glancing from the charging station, then back to the human. "Was there an error during the charging process? I found no abnormalities in my log records." His low voice was heard, shifting slightly in discomfort, hoping for another reason to be explained, which is far from the initial assumptions he had.

The technician stretched for a moment, his tools hanging just by the holster of his belt. "I'll forward a request to Parts and Service for repairs. I'm not sure, but it seems like the code commands has been tampered with." He clearly did not want to make such assumptions, which might be seen in the wrong way by the animatronic, but there is no other term that could be said. Indeed, something happened to the string of commands, it was tampered with. He'll have to request for the programmers to search for where the code came from, and why was the charging process became delayed in less than twice the amount of time needed.

The animatronic could only give a brief nod. "Alright. In the meantime, best I recharge elsewhere to prevent any possible flaws to enter my system. It could be a virus, or a malware that I have failed to detect." He claimed, silently deciding to charge by the charging station near the Daycare, or perhaps the charging station nearby his current locations throughout the Pizzaplex. There are numerous, including the ones in the backrooms where only a few have used for certain purposes.

Without another word, the technician left the greenroom. Silence was always a mandatory norm between human employees and animatronics, where such interaction is inevitable. In other words, they'd rather just go along their days without as much as sparing the other a glance, but some were an exception.

You, specifically.

With a slight shake of the head, Freddy as well left the area without a word to spare. It was still early in the morning, and the chefs had yet to serve the freshly baked pizza that brought fame to the Pizzaplex. It was around 7:00 A.M. where the doors were still limited only to staffs and employee personnel. Only after an hour are customers allowed to enter the premises, to indulge in what entertainment and luxury that the Pizzaplex has to offer.

His electric blue eyes glanced from left to right before heading over to where the entry turnstiles were, the entryway that leads to the elevators, which also leads up to the Main Atrium area. However, his thoughts were not focused on where he's actually going, his focus was clouded with deep thoughts that disconnected him from the physical world.

He was certain that no other personnel were allowed to enter his greenroom that night, there could only be two possible suspects in terms of who could've tampered with his charging stations. Officer Vanessa and... you.

Officer Vanessa would never even bother with the animatronics, much less enter their greenrooms when they're charging. The only person who could enter his greenroom freely without discomfort is you, and no one else. But how could you know? When he checked your profile in the systems, you have no background in programming, or any experiences similar to that skill. Even if you did make an attempt, he should keep a log file of it, as his systems is well-connected to the environment where he usually moves in. If such event did occur, then, he should be aware. To tamper with the environment where he moves in requires such unformidable skill in programming, especially, when the action was left unnoticed by him for so long. How come he's unaware of it? Could there be a possibility that someone else did it besides you? Was it Vanessa? Even if the odds are too low, there's still a possibility nonetheless.