Chapter 8

The trek towards Bonnie Bowl was peaceful as he kept you right beside of him, being extra careful as to not let anything happen to you on the way.

The man earlier, identified now as a burglar, Monty and Roxy will be busy keeping an eye on him, just until the authorities arrive at the next day. The said man is trapped in one of the greenrooms of theirs, keeping him restrained with handcuffs and something to shut him up before Monty loses his temper and possibly go against his protocol, which will put the man in danger if so.

Freddy had already sent a message to Chica and Vanessa, telling them to meet the both of you in Bonnie Bowl, since you really need some ice to reduce the swelling on your head. As well as something to quench your thirst and calm you down. That event earlier was... traumatizing.

You have to admit, it was the first time in your entire life that you're scared beyond imaginative lengths. Rose had warned you, but you still somehow fallen into that man's hands, injured slightly and almost denied of access from the sweet oxygen which you breathe in.

You were thinking about telling Rose about this but maybe not, it sounds more dangerous to tell her the truth, she'll flip.

Eventually, you and Freddy made it, you noticed how Freddy actively avoided the stage nearby the dessert bars, the story behind it, you don't know. You figured that Freddy still 'doesn't trust you' enough, most likely, your queries will be left unanswered. You didn't bother asking also due to the fact that he may not be happy with you anymore, and just leave you to your own accord, back to square one, it seems.

You sat down at the stools by the counter, making your order as the girl-looking staff bots began in concocting your cooling beverage. It was a good thing that although the Pizzaplex is closed, they still function. On the other hand, as Night Guards, you are allowed to enjoy the leisure, a prestige of being allowed to eat and order anything as part of the job benefits. It's a pity that not everyone is willing to be a night guard due to the animatronics' uncanny staring, no matter how sweet the benefits are, they won't take such unsettling task.

If only they knew, or even met the animatronics in this nice state. They will probably forget their nonsensical assumptions and love this shift. In your case, the animatronics had been kind, they are just... afraid of getting hurt, they claimed. But in reality, although they are still unsettling, they're alright with you.

You even grew accustomed to have a certain animatronic to always be near you, an animatronic you're comfortable with to keep you company at lonely nights in the Pizzaplex.

Sure, there are strange occurrences and the 'missing child' incident but there's nothing much to be afraid about. If anything, it's the animatronics who are strong enough to protect you, not the other way around.

In those days of interacting with them, you saw how sentient and human-like they were. They have emotions, they can understand and give feedback like how humans do. They can also fear, understand pain, and emotional attachments.

Soon enough, Chica and Vanessa arrived. Well, Vanessa looked like she's more annoyed of being here than concerned like Chica.

"Oh dear, are you okay? Did you get medical aid?" Chica questioned, taking a seat right beside you, whereas Freddy stood on the other side of you, crossed arms and leaning against the counter. He's always like that, acting like some bodyguard or anything relevant.