Chapter 6

Finally got some chapters typed! I have school tomorrow. UGH. Read on :)

Carter's POV

We had stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a break. We were halfway up to Virginia Beach, having to come up after going down to D.C, and we were all hungry. "Put these on." Kendall said, handing me a pair of sunglasses and a Spider-Man SnapBack. "No, she's wearing the Batman one." Logan said, taking the hat off my head and putting on a Batman one. I laughed and followed them out the bus. We had parked at a hotel, the Dunkin Donuts two places over. We joined Carlos and James by their bus. "Nice hat, Carter! But mines better." He said, winking. He had on a Obey hat. I laughed and followed him and Logan. James kept quiet but kept looking at me. I ignored it and kept walking. We finally got to Dunkin Donuts and we waited in line. When we finally got to the counter the guys ordered then it was my turn. "I'll have a vanilla latte and a red velvet donut." I said, a scene coming into my head.

I was at a Starbucks, sitting at a booth. I had a vanilla latte and my hand and I was laughing. The person across from me was laughing to, holding my hand. I couldn't see his face, it was blurry. "Who are you?" I asked. "It's me, Carter. You know me. Please, remember." He said and the scene shifted to a plane. The lights were blaring and everyone was yelling. "It will be okay!" The person beside me yelled. It was the same person from last time but I still couldn't see his face. A tear fell down my cheek and he wiped it away, gripping my hand. The plane shook and made noises as the pilot yelled, "WE'RE GOING DOWN!" The person beside me wrapped his arms around me as I hid in his chest. "I love you, Carter." He whispered in my ear. "I love you,-"

And that's when I snapped out of it. "Carter! Carter!" Logan was saying worriedly. "Huh?" I asked, blinking. Carlos kept waving his hand in front of my face and slapped it away. "I-I'm good. Just d-day dreaming." I muttered, grabbing my latte and donut, sitting next to James at the table. I don't care if he doesn't like me. I'll deal with it. Logan sat next to me, Kendall and Carlos on the opposite side. I could feel James tense beside me and just ignored it. I ate my donut, liking the choclate off my fingers and finishing with a drink of my latte. "You know what we should do, once we get down to Florida?" Carlos said. "What?" James, Kendall, and Logan asked in unison. "Take Carter to the beach." He said, grrinning like it was the best plane in the world. The guys agreed and James shook his head. "Sure?" I said, not sure if I should go. They kept talking and I looked at my lap. We finally left and got back on the bus. I was bored but I was used to it. I pulled out my phone and plugged in the headphones. The song started playing.

I'll love you, if you ain't got nobody to love 

And I'll adore you, if there's no one to adore 

And I'll show you, if there's no one to show 

And I'll know you, if you want somebody to know

I hummed along, enjoying the song.

Every time you come around 

You put a lightning bolt on my face 

Baby, everytime you come around 

Girl, you take my breath away

And I just wanna breathe until I take you in 

Cause I want you to breathe until you take me in 

But the truth is

Logan sang, making me smile. I hated to admit but I was starting to like him. Eventually I fell asleep, listening to the song on repeat. 

I woke up with someone yelling. "Carter! Get up! We're here!" Carlos yelled, jumped on me. I screamed and threw him off. Logan walked into the room, a confused look on his face. "Carlos, why are you on our bus and not on yours, getting ready?" Logan said. "Ranel said I could!" Carlos protested and I shook my head. "Well okay then." Logan said. "We're here, Virginia Beach. There really is a beach, if you want to go." Logan said to me. "I think I'm fine. Just going to take a walk. I'll be back." I said, jumping up. I pulled my hair into a bun and got off the bus, running straight into James and falling on the ground. James was about to ignore me and get on the bus but stepped back and reached out a hand. He helped me up and I wiped off my jeans. "Sorry." He muttered before getting on the bus. I shook my head, unsure of what happened. Was James actually nice to me? I laughed at the thought and started walking. I walked along the side walk, the air blowing, cars driving by. I made it to a a park, where I sat on a swing. I didn't swing, just sat there. I was surprised to see Logan walking up. "Oh, hi Logan!" I said when he was close enough. "Hey Carter! I was coming here to skateboard and saw you." He said, me noticing the skateboard at his side. "Oh cool." I said, as he sat down on the other swing. "Carter." Logan said and at the same time I said "Logan." I blushed and looked at my lap. "You first." He said. "Okay, well earlier, I had a flashback. I was at Starbucks, drinking a latte with a guy. His face was blurry and I couldn't tell who he was. Then I-I was on the plane. Sirens were blaring, the pilot yelling." I said, swallowing the lump in my throat. Logans face paled and his face hardened. :But there was the same guy, beside me. H-He and I grabbed each others hands and held on tight. H-He told me he loved me. I said it back and was snapped out of it before I saw his name." I finished. Logan stared at me and I bit my lip. "I- The reason I'm telling you this, what if he's still out there? What if there's someone who still loves me and I'm here, with amnesia, without them?" I said, my voice cracking. "What if there's someone out there who actually cares? And I'd never know because they probably think I'm dead." I said, holding back the tears. "C-Carter, I'm sure they miss you, more than you will ever know. But for now, you have to live and forget the past because it will hold you back." He said, giving a half smile. I smiled a little as he stood up, me doing the same. We started walking, side by side. "Carter, can I ask you something?" Logan said, as we passed under a big oak tree. "Yeah?" I said, looking at him. He stopped walking and looked at me. Our eyes connected and for a second I felt vulnerable. Like he knew something I didn't that meant a lot. "Why are clouds, clouds?" He asked, seriously. I was confused for a second before I spoke without thinking. "B-because they're clouds." I began slowly. "They are what they are." We said simultaneously. "H-how did you know I was going to say that?" I asked, swallowing. A science flashed through my mind. I was cloud watching with someone. "Because I'm the one who asked you that 2 years ago." He said.

Logan's POV 

"C-Carter I was on the plane with you. I was the one in Starbucks. That's the reason I talked to you at McDonalds. After the crash they couldn't find you and your parents left." I said, looking at her. I look of incredulous crossed her face. "Stop it! You're lying!" She screamed, backing away. "No, I'm not Carter. Please just listen." I said but she shook her head. Great, I was losing her. "How would I know your favorite color is purple? And that you can only sleep in shorts? And that your favorite drink is lemonade?" I said, taking a step towards her. She backed away shaking her head furiously. "Stop it! You're lying! You're trying to get me to tell you what happened! Well I'm not telling you! Leave me alone! I thought I could trust you! And you try to mess with my head, telling me you know?! Just- just stop!" She yelled, tears falling down her face before turning and running away, full speed. I fell to the ground, my head in my hands. This was not supposed to turn out like this. She would remember, she would kiss me and I would kiss her. It would be happily ever after. I screwed up.

Who is this Him?

Why do you think Carter was so scared and thought Logan was lying?

Did Logan do the right thing?

5 votes for the next chapter?

By the way, going to update Risks in a bit :) Go read it! Well comment/fan/vote please! xx