Chapter 3

Carter's POV

I woke up, confused about where I was. I wasn't at the orphanage, certainly not at a park or alley. I sat up and looked around. I was in a hotel room...how did I get here?! How did I pay for it? Then I remembered a guy, Logan, had allowed me to stay with his band. I was in their hotel room. One of the guys walked in and headed for the kitchen. They stopped and turned to look at me. "I'm Kendall. We never really introduced ourselves yesterday." He said, smiling. "The one who's the shortest, Latino, is Carlos. James is tallest, brown hair." He said, before going into the kitchen. I sat there and found the TV remote. I turned it on. Some movie was on and I eventually fell asleep again. "Carter? Carter? Wake up." I heard Logan say. He was shaking me awake. I opened my eyes and saw him sitting on the edge of the couch. "You gotta get up. We have stuff to do before the White House and it's going to take a while to get there." He said. "Okay." I said, sitting up as my stomach growled. Logan laughed, "Breakfast is in the kitchen." I got up and walked into the kitchen. I saw eggs and bacon. I got some and sat down to eat. I walked back out to see all the guys talking. "I don't care if she doesn't remember she is staying on this t-" Logan was yelling at James but he stopped when I came out. "Carlos has some clothes for you. You can take a shower." Logan said. James glared at me and left the room. I started down the hallway and saw Carlos in his room. I knocked on the door. "Um Logan said you had some clothes? And that I could take a shower?" I asked. "Oh yeah. And don't worry mines clean; I'm a neat freak." He said, laughing. He handed me a towel and some clothes and I walked into his bathroom. I was shocked to see he was telling the truth; his bathroom really was clean. I turned on the shower and stripped out of my clothes. I stepped into the shower, the hot water stinging my cut and bruised skin. I just hope none of the guys find out. Logan only saw the bruise on my face. I hope he doesn't see the rest. I washed my hair and body and stepped out of the shower. I wrapped the towel around me and dried off. There was a pair of skinny jeans and a sweatshirt that said 'Obey'. There was also a tank top and boxers. I slid on the tank and boxers then pulled on the sweater. That covered the bruises on my arms. I slid on the jeans. They were a little big but they worked. Carlos was only 3 inches taller than me. I dried my hair with the towel then left the bathroom. I went to Logan's room. "Do you have a brush?.." I asked. "Yeah but careful, it likes to sing." Logan said, laughing. My head started hurting and my face scrunched up in confusion. I had heard someone say that before. Logan handed me the brush and I slowly walked out of the room. I went into the hall bathroom, which was dirtier than Carlos'. I sighed and began brushing out my tangled hair. When I finished I put it in a pony tail and walked back to the living room, where all the guys were waiting, suitcases ready. Yes, it took me that long to brush my hair. They were all dressed up nice. I guess you have to be when you're seeing the President, huh? "Ready to go?" Carlos asked. I nodded my head and followed them out the door. We went down to a car, different from yesterday. It was bigger, was black, and the windows were tinted more. I got in after them, sitting between Logan and the door. We drove and stopped at a building. I got out and saw the mall. "Oh no there is no w-" I began and was cut off. "If you're going on tour with us, you are going to need clothes." Kendall said. "No if's, and's, or but's." Carlos said and I giggled. "Butts." I said, walking next to Logan and into the mall. Logan rolled his eyes as we walked side-by-side. We shopped at Delia's and Kohls. I went into Victoria's Secret- alone. 4 boys don't need to go in there. I only got what I absolutely needed. An hour later we were done and the boys bought me a suitcase. I went into the bathroom and changed into a pair of white jeans, a blue and white striped shirt, and a red blazer. I put on the new black TOMS they got me and went back out. We all got back in the car and we were driving, the boys whispering things I didn't care about. "Can I give it to her now?" Carlos said, catching my attention. "No." James said. "Yes!" Logan and Kendall said. Carlos handed me a box. I opened it and inside was a white IPhone 4. "What? Why? How did you?" I said, shocked. "We have billions of dollars. We could afford an IPhone." Carlos said. "Thank you so much!" I said, hugging Logan, who was the closest, and high fiving everyone else. James ignored me. I frowned and turned back to Logan and Carlos. "It already has music on it, along with our numbers, and some apps." Logan said, smiling. "I did it all!" Carlos said, raising his hand. "Technology freak." Kendall said, laughing. "Thanks guys, a lot. If it weren't for you I'd be in a al- still in the orphanage." I said. Luckily, no one questioned me. "We get it, your thankful. Now be quiet." James spat. I froze. Why was he being so mean? I turned around glaring. "Look, I don't give a fork if you are James Maslow or not. I'm human, just like you and deserve some respect." I snapped, turning back around. I grabbed the earphones out of the box and plugged them in, hitting shuffle. All the boys stared at me, wide eyed. "Didn't expect me to be sassy, did you Maslow? Well I have an attitude and a brain. I'm not falling for the "oh I'm famous" trick." I said, over my shoulder before blocking out the rest of the world with music.

First of all, sorry James is acting all witchy. It's just the plot, you'll figure out why. I HAVE BAD NEWS FOR YOU! I won't be updating as frequently. I spend WAY TOO MUCH time on my laptop and want to take a break from the fanfic world. So until further notice, this story is ON HOLD!