Prologue

Logan's POV

I slipped my fingers through Carter's hand, intertwining our fingers as we walked away from luggage drop-off. "This is going to be the best vacation ever." She said, her green eyes sparkling as she smiled up at me. "I know it is." I said, kissing her cheek. She blushed and flipped her long brown hair over her shoulder. "Logan, when we get to Maui the first thing I want to do is watch the sunset with you." She said. "Count on it." I said as we found our way to Gate 331. We sat down and waited, Carter playing on her phone and me watching her. "Gate 331, from Richland Hills, Texas to Maui, Hawaii, boarding planes now." The voice on the intercom said. Carter squealed and we stood up, walking over to the entrance.. We gave the lady our tickets and got on the plane. Carter got the window seat and I sat down next to her. We chatted and texted our parents until the announcer said that all phones must be turned off and that we were taking off. "Maui, here we come." Carter whispered, grabbing my hand, as I gave her a kiss. The plane took off and we were allowed to have our phones on. Carter put in her earphones and I did the same, eventually falling asleep. A few hours had passed until I was woken up by alarms and red flashing lights. "EMERGENCY LANDING! ALL PASSENGERS BUCKLE YOUR SEAT BELTS! ONE OF THE PLANE'S WINGS ARE ON FIRE DUE TO A FREAK STORM! REMAIN CALM AND HOLD ON TIGHT!" A voice kept repeating over the intercom. I jumped awake, ripping out my earphones and buckling up, Carter doing the same. "It will be okay!" I yelled, assuring her as a tear fell down her face. I wiped it away and she gripped my hand, both of us tense, the storm yelling and striking outside. The plane shook and made noises, the alarms still going off and people screaming and yelling. "We're going down!" The pilot said. I wrapped my arms protectively around Carter, hiding her in my chest. "I love you, Carter." I whispered into her ear as the plane tipped down. "I love you too, Logan." She said, fear in her voice, as the plane crashed.