𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖

Part 5

*six months later*

"How's therapy going?" Bucky watches as Veda demolishes a huge burger whilst he sips on a coffee. She nods, "pretty alright, I mean. She doesn't make me do the list, but I talk about my nightmares and shit" she shrugs. Bucky sighs, "language" he raises an eyebrow. She chuckles, "I don't know who to call you, Steve or dad..." she shakes her head. He smiles, "really though, I'm glad you're doing better. I didn't like seeing you all depressed and dull" he leans back. She scoffs, "I wasn't depressed" she pulls a face. Bucky rolls his eyes, "yes, you were" he shakes his head. She shrugs, "I was thinking more... lost. But whatever you wanna call it" she smiles weakly. Bucky chuckles, "okay, okay..." he backs down.

She looks at the table for a while, "what is it?" He enquires worriedly. He frowns as she looks up with furrowed eyebrows, "I've been thinking" she sighs. He nods, "uh oh, that's never good" he sighs sarcastically. She lightly slaps his arm resulting in a tormenting chuckle from him, "alright, what's on your mind?" He leans forward on his elbows. She sighs, "it's just a thought... but, I'm sure you can agree with me in saying that the city life just isn't for us" she folds her arms. He slowly shrugs, "and I've been researching a lot, we can go back to how life was in Wakanda, just with more freedom" she nods. He watches her closely, "we could move away from Brooklyn, and we could live on a ranch, or a farmhouse. We could have our own animals and crops, just me and you, just like how it was" she smiles hopefully.

He sighs and runs a hand down his face, "as much I love that idea, it wouldn't work" he shakes his head. She groans, "what? Why not?" She slides down her side of the booth dramatically. He raises an eyebrow, "because you have a long life ahead of you, one that doesn't have criminal records tagged to it. Which means you need to find a well structured career, and find a nice guy, or girl... get married, maybe even have kids, and live an unproblematic life" he rambles on. She pulls a face, "first of all, ew. Kids are annoying and I don't have the attention span for anyone else. And second of all, it's too late for the whole unproblematic gig. That life isn't of interest to me" she folds her arms. He smirks lightly, "I just want you to have the half normal life I couldn't have" he squeezes her arm.

She sighs, "yadayadayda, normal is boring. I just wanna' spend the rest of my life, in peace, and where I don't have to hide anything..." she signals to their metal arms with are now currently hidden via a jacket and a pair of gloves. Bucky sighs, "please buck, just think about it..." she pleads. He nods, "okay, I'll think about it" he sighs. She smiles weakly, "thank you" she throws her head back in relief. He smiled weakly at her face, and part of him knows she's right. The city life isn't for them, it never will be, and maybe it's time to move on...