A New Chief

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

It's over. It's finally over. Drago and his Bewilderbeast are long gone. I look at Hiccup and see that he has a guilty look on his face, contrast to the roaring cheering behind us. He looks to me and I smile in sympathy. Drago was madman who couldn't accept the good of dragons. He grins and turn back to the others.

Toothless and Twilight jump down from the ice spikes and near the forming crowd. I look around at all of Berk and the dragons. Despite all the ice, we protected our home and people. I see a hand in my vision and find Hiccup offering his hand to me with a smile. I give him a grin as I take his hand and get off Twilight. The dragons form above fly down and land as they greet Twilight and Toothless. The new Alphas.

Cloudjumper lands and approaches them. He bows to them with a rumble. I giggle a bit at Twilight and Toothless' reactions, they are certainly taken back but Twilight regains her composure as she sits tall and Toothless follows her example. All the other dragons bow to them and they release mighty roars as the other dragons roar too.

Twilight turns to me and walks up to me. I let go of Hiccup's hand and walk up to her too. We both stop as I look into her beautiful purple eyes, "You really are something else, huh, Twi?" I caress her face. I close my eyes and lay my forehead on hers. "Thanks." She coos and nuzzles her nose against my face.

But then, "Toothless!" I open my eyes and look over to find Hiccup being smothered in saliva by Toothless. "You know that doesn't wash out!" I couldn't help but laugh out loud. I hear Twilight laugh as well along with the people.

The dragons all reunite with their friends and the people cry out in joy and hug them. I see Gothi get engulfed by her Terrible Terrors, Astrid getting nuzzled by Stormfly, and Gobber getting crushed by Grump. I let out a snort at that and see Fishlegs and Snotlout rush past Ruffnut to their dragons. And it appears that Ruffnut has fallen for both of them now. Well that will make things more interesting. She greets Barf but pushes Belch away as he leans into Tuffnut. Those two and their dragon.

I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders and look to find Hiccup. He too was smiling at the reunions. Skullcrusher approaches Hiccup, snorting softly and purring as he sniffs him. My smile falls as I remember that he lost his friend and now doesn't have a rider. I gently rub the side of his face.

"That was some pretty fine dragon wrangling back there," Hiccup and I look to find Eret approaching us. "You two would make good trappers." He jokes. I let out a huff then smile as Skullcrusher nuzzles him. He jumps a little by the suddenness but chuckles as he starts to pet him. "You know..... Skullcrusher is gonna need someone to look after him now." I look at Hiccup as he smiles at Eret. I realized what he was hinting at and smile at Eret too. "Me?" Eret stammers, as he looks at us. "Well, you're quite the formidable warrior, stubborn, and can take control when called upon." I tell him. He smiles widely and gently sets his hands on Skullcrusher. "I'd be honored."

Hiccup and I look at each other and smile, but then Valka walks up to us and stands next to Hiccup. She gives me my sword and I sheathe it as she takes his hands as he looks at her. "Your father would be every bit as proud as I am." She tells him. I smile at the two then reach into my pouch and pull out Mom's necklace. I hold it in my scarred hand and look at Dad's sword. I feel someone take my other hand and I look up to see Valka looking at me with a soft smile. "And your parents would be tremendously proud of you as well." She tells me.

I feel tears well up in my eyes and smile at her. "Thank you." I whisper. I look to find Hiccup behind her and smile at me as well. "I'm really glad you're here, Mom." He tells Valka. She wraps her arms around mine and Hiccup's shoulders as we all look at the dragons and people of Berk. "And here I'll stay." She says. Twilight and Toothless nuzzle against us as they squeeze in to be near to Valka.