Dragon Trappers

Third Person P.O.V.

The three ride on their dragons as they fly across the autumn woods, that slowly turn dark and dead. They soon exit the forest and out to sea where they see a bizarre sight. A fort blown to bits by ice formed upwards and jagged. The Riders look in awe and bewilderment at the sight and Hiccup looks back at the girls, "Stay close." He tells them and flies closer. The girls nod to one another and fly after him.

As they fly around the blown structure they see  wood crushed and sticking out in random spots, keying that it was a fort. "What happened here?" Hiccup asks out loud. "Something big." (Y/N) answers. They all soon see a pair of gigantic footprints. Toothless and Twilight nervously jerk their heads and growl at the prints. "Really big." (Y/N) adds. "Easy, guys." Hiccup soothes the two and lays a hand on Toothless' head.

"Guys!" Astrid calls out to them, pointing at something and the other two look to find a group of people on a platform. "Fire!" A was net launched at them. "Look out!" (Y/N) shouts and she and Hiccup move out of the way but Astrid wasn't as lucky and Stormfly got captured. "Aahh! Guys!" Astrid escapes from the net and calls out to the others and is caught by Twilight.

Stormfly lands roughly and shots out spines at the men. "Watch the tail!" A man yells, as he jumps out from a hiding spot and jumps on Stormfly, pinning her head down. He was tall with long black hair tied back and muscular with a tattoo on his chin. "Tie those legs up!" He commands as he ties her up. But then he heard a whistle and looked up to find Toothless and Twilight swooping by. "Is that what I think it is?" He says out loud.

"STOP!" Hiccup yells. "Stormfly!" Astrid is placed on the ground as the Furies land and let out roars. "Let her go!" (Y/N) unsheathes her sword with Hiccup activating his Dragon Blade, igniting in flames, and Astrid grabs a nearby stick. The men 'ooohh' at Hiccup's sword and follow it with their eyes. "Back again, are we?" The tattoo man states. But then gets a good look at the Fury siblings. "Soil my britches. That is a Night Fury! And two of them, nonetheless! Thought they were all gone for good!" He states and stands on Stormfly's head.

Astrid looks ready to fight but Hiccup stops her while Toothless snarls at the men with Twilight growling lowly as (Y/N) looks around, ready to fight if needed. "Looks like our luck's had turned out for the better, lads! Don't think Drago has them in his dragon army." The tattoo man continues. "Dragon army?" (Y/N) and Astrid mumble in sync as they and Hiccup look at each other then back at the man. "Look, we don't want any trouble." Hiccup states, trying to dissolve the situation. "Ha! You should have thought of that before you stole all our dragons and blasted our fort to bits!" The man growls, gesturing to the ice.

"What are you.... talking about?!" Astrid asks exasperatedly. "Last I remember, a fire breathing dragon could not spew ice." (Y/N) sasses. "You think we did this?" Hiccup questions incredulously, taking a step forward with narrow eyes. "Dragon trapping is hard enough work as it is without do-gooder dragon riders sneaking in and rescuing them!" The man snaps, jerking a blade in Hiccup's direction. "What do-gooder-" Hiccup pauses. "There are other dragon riders?" He asks, retracting his sword. "You mean other than your thieving friend from last night? You tell me." The man replies with a glare. "You may have an ice-spitting dragon on your side, but we still have a quota to fill." The man speaks again and steps off of Stormfly as he walks around them.

"How do you suppose we explain this mess to Drago Blusvist?" He asks them. "Drago... What-fist? Does anything you say make sense?" Hiccup mocks. Astrid looks at him with wide eyes and shakes her head but (Y/N) focuses on the man. "He's expecting a new shipment of dragons for his army, by tomorrow." A crew mate speaks. "And Drago don't take well to excuses." Another spoke.

"This-" The tattoo man puts his blade away and lowers his collar to reveal a branding scar. It resembled a sword stabbing a dragon's head. "-is what Drago gave me last time I showed up empty handed." Astrid winces and (Y/N) feels a little bad for the man. She looks at her left arm to see the scar she received from the battle with the Red Death. But the difference was that she and Twilight saved Hiccup and Toothless from getting consumed in flames and the burns were just a casualty, his was intentional and to hurt. Purposely branded to forever remember his failure and must be terrified to disappoint his boss. "He promised to be far less understanding in the future." The man finishes and let's go of his shirt so that the brand is covered once more. "No offense to your work, but you might want to find employment somewhere else. Or give up dragon trapping all together. I mean, do you really want to have a repeat of this?" She says and gestures to the blown fort with her free hand.

Alright, look," Hiccup sighs, shaking his head and raises his hands, getting everyone's attention. "We don't know anything about a dragon thief, or an ice-spitting dragon-" Toothless follows the man's gaze to find him nodding at something above and behind him and his friends. He looks to Twilight and acknowledges him that she catches on to the man's plan as the men from above take aim at them. "-or your lunatic boss and his dragon army. Just give us back our dragon, and we'll go." Hiccup finishes. "Exactly. Strange hostile person, whom we do not know the name of." (Y/N) adds calmly, but she grips onto sword tightly as her instincts kick in.

"Oh, where are my manners?" The man chuckles and bows to them, "I'm Eret.... Son of Eret." He reaches back to grab a blade, sheathed behind his back. "Finest dragon trapper alive." He pulls it out and stands up straight. "After all... It's not just anyone who can capture two Night Furies." He points his blade at said dragons and the both roar as they open their wings to intimidate him. "And this is Toothless and Twilight." Hiccup introduces them. "And they say we're leaving. Now." (Y/N) states firmly. "That's what they all say. Rush-'em, lads!" Eret orders.

Toothless fires a plasma blast to the ice above Eret and he jumps out of the way in time while Twilight fires at the ballistas to cover them. The Riders hurry to Stormfly and (Y/N) swiftly cuts her free from the net with her sword as Hiccup and Astrid remove the net and ropes. "Come on, Stormfly! Go! Go!" Astrid pulls herself on her. (Y/N) sheathes her sword and hops on Twilight as Hiccup gets on Toothless, all of them flying away from the fort.

Eret rises to his feet and pants heavily, "You will never hold onto those dragons! YOU HEAR ME?! Drago's coming for them all!" He shouts angrily at them as they fly off. Hiccup looks back at them and sighs shakily. Worried about about what their boss plans to do with them.