Attack on the Nest

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

We rush outside and sure enough, catapults, ships and thousands of men are very much attacking the sanctuary. Me, Hiccup, and Stoick followed after Valka, who looks down at the dragon trappers. She was breathing heavily, obviously angry at the men for attacking her home. And I don't blame her. I feel Hiccup take my hand and squeeze it gently, "Oh no." I hear him breathe out as we look down at the men. Valka turns around swiftly and marches off with determination. "Val." Stoick stops her. Hiccup and I hurry over to them, awaiting what to do next.

"Val! It's all right, it's all right. We're all a team, now. What do you want to do?" Stoick says. "We have to save the dragons." Valka instructs, laying a hand Stoick's shoulder and her other on Hiccup. "Aye, you got it! Come on, you two!" Stoick says, he and Valka rushing off to get ready.

Hiccup was about to follow them but I hold onto to his hand, standing firm. He looks back at me with an patient look. "This is it." I tell him. "You ready?" I ask him. He gives me a smile and kisses my forehead. "As I'll ever be. You?" He says. I give him a smile back and nod. We hurry after Stoick and Valka to get Toothless and Twilight. This is it.

Third Person P.O.V.

The dragons of the Nest swoop down at the men, ready to defend their home. Nets were launched at them and some went down but not without doing some damage first. Armored dragons pull catapults closer to the Nest as men ready them to fire along with ballistas. Some run forward, shouting and brandishing their weapons.

One net wraps around a dragon, making it collapse onto the ground with a whimper. It sneers angrily at Drago as he walks next to it, his attention on the Nest. "Whatever comes, keep hitting the mountain. We need to draw the Alpha out!" He orders his men.

More dragons fly from the Nest and attack the men to keep them back. Armored dragons take flight and combat against the Nest dragons. "Ready the traps!" Drago shouts. Men grunt as they open some traps and with dragons tied down and muzzled. Some dragons go down and try to help them, but end up being trapped instead.

But one trap has green gas spew from it. A man looks in confusion and looks back only to get blasted back as a spark ignites gas making flames. "Surprise! Yeah!" Tuffnut yells in laughter, as he and the rest of the riders emerge from the traps. "WHAT?!" Drago bellows as he watches them and growls in anger.

Eret cries out, barely managing to hang onto Stormfly as she flies into the air. Fishlegs flies near him with Meatlug, Astrid sitting behind him. "You really are full of surprises!" She laughs, leaping onto Stormfly and sitting behind Eret. "Let's go!" She says.

"Dragon riders, coming through!" Tuffnut shouts, as he and Ruffnut dive down on Barf and Belch. "Fire!" Fishlegs grins as Meatlug fires a blast at one of the traps and destroys it. Fishelgs grins triumphantly and Meatlug smiles proudly. Snotlout dives down on Hookfang and the Nightmare spews fire on another trap, melting it upon impact. Snotlout laughs at the destruction. Tuffnut and Ruffnut have Barf and Belch cover the traps in gas, knowing the fire won't hurt them. Stormfly swoops past them and lights up the fire, breaking the traps. The dragons within them break free and quickly take to the sky.

"Cut Them Down!" Drago yells angrily, his men scramble to fire at the riders. The twins yelp as they try to avoid the traps, Ruffnut slips off Barf. "Eret, son of Eret!" She calls out to Eret, he and Astrid watch as she falls, unable to help her in time. Ruffnut continues to scream but is then grabbed. She gasps and looks at her saviors with wide eyes. Snotlout caught her left arm and Fishlegs caught her right arm. Time seemed to have slowed down as she looks between the two, a love-sick grin appearing on her face.