Taking Control

Third Person P.O.V.

"No!" Valka gasps, reaching out to her fallen friend. Hiccup flips his mask up as he shakily exhales. (Y/N) flips up her mask too and looks at the fallen Alpha with sadness. "No!" Astrid leans forward, she and Eret watching in disbelief.

Drago's Alpha pants heavily as he snorts. He raises his head and let's out a thunderous roar. The new Alpha. The dragons's eyes become silted and quickly fly to his side and swarm above their new leader. Some land and bow down to their new leader. "We have won." Drago smirks in victory. "Now," He raises his staff, "Finish Her!" He shouts, pointing at Valka. "No!" Stoick says, looking at his wife.

Valka struggles to stay on Cloudjumper as he fights for control, roaring as he staggers and shakes his head. Drago's Alpha roars, Cloudjumper takes the opportunity to dive down to try and avoid his order. The Bewilderbeast spews ice at him in retaliation, freezing his tail and causing him to struggle to stay in the air.

"Hold on!" Stoick bellows, grabbing his helmet and puts it on and grabs his axe, hurrying to Skullcrusher and hopping on him. "Skullcrusher, go! Come on, Gobber!" Stoick says, Skullcrusher obeying his rider and taking flight. "Right behind you, Stoick!" Gobber replies, reattaching his mace on his hand and follows him on foot.

Dragons attack Cloudjumper, who try to get to Valka. She cries out as she loses her footing, dropping her staff, and almost falls off Cloudjumper. They fly near Drago's Alpha who roars as Valka loses her grip and slips off Cloudjumper, screaming as she falls. Stoick leaps off Skullcrusher and grabs her. His back slams into a wall of ice and as he secures Valka safely in his arm, he uses his axe to slow the fall. They land on an edge and stagger a bit before Stoick regains his footing and pulls Valka back and hide behind a piece of ice as Drago's Alpha searches for them.

Hiccup's P.O.V.

I couldn't stand this anymore. This needs to end. I look and see Drago. It's now or never. "STOP!" I bellow out, diving Toothless down at Drago. "Stop!" Toothless lands and I hear something land next to us. I look to see Twilight and (Y/N) then look back at Drago. I switch my prosthetic to walk and get off Toothless, removing my mask and toss it aside to look at the man face-to-face.

He snickers as he shakes his head, "You two are the great dragon masters?" He muses. I hear Twilight hiss and Toothless growl but I put a hand up to calm them. I look and see (Y/N), she's removed her mask and looks at Drago with a calculating gaze but remains calm for the most part. I look back at Drago and walk a few steps closer to him. "You, the son of Stoick the Vast?" He jerks his staff at me as he sneers, "What shame he must feel." He says.

I hear (Y/N) scoff but I focus on Drago. "All this loss, and for what?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at him. "To become unstoppable? To rule the world?" I demand of him. He simply nods and looks back at the dragons. "Why?" I hear (Y/N) ask him. "Dragons are beings with feelings. They are intelligent and compassionate and have emotions. Controlling them, just to have power, will do no one anything. It will only bring pain. To all." She tells him, her voice filled with reason. I nod in agreement with her, "They-They are kind, amazing creatures that can bring people together." I add.

Drago rolls his eyes as he plants his staff in the ground. "Or tear them apart." He replies roughly. He moves his cloak and removes his armored arm to reveal that his left arm is gone.  I gasp softly at the sight and look at (Y/N) as she has a look of sympathy, rubbing her scarred left arm. "It appears," I look back at Drago as he latches his arm back on. "That one has already tried with you." He looks at (Y/N). "More like burnt. And I don't wish to dwell on the past." She defends. Twilight growls but I look to see (Y/N) calming her.