The Past

Third Person P.O.V.

The Dragon Trappers' ship sails through the icy waters. "Keep your eyes peeled, lads!" Eret says to the men, as he looks to the horizon. "With this wind we'll reach Drago by daybreak. So we best fill this ship up with dragons and quick!" He walks down the deck with concern on his face and sighs deeply, "It's no time to be picky!" One of his men looks to the sky, "Uh....Eret?" He tells the man. "Not if we want to keep our..." Eret trails off as he looks to the sky and his eyes widen at three dragons flying in the distance towards him. "Heads!" He laughs. "Off the port quarter!" He shouts. The men prepare the ballistas, loading them with nets. "Net them, lad! Take them down!"

Eret readies the ballista with a net to shoot. He squints to see the dragons but his eyes widens at the familiar dragons and their riders. "You're not gettin' away this time." He growls as he readies the ballista, "Fire!" Nets were launched at the Riders but they dodged them. "Reload!" "Reload!" "Incoming!" Toothless lands on the ship first with Twilight landing to his left and Stormfly on his right. Astrid equips herself with her axe, ready to battle. (Y/N) remains calm, knowing what Hiccup has planned.

"And here I was worried we might show up empty handed." Eret smirks, pointing his sword at Hiccup. Astrid readies to fight but Hiccup halts her. "Nope. It's your lucky day," He says, raising his hands in surrender, "We give up!" Eret's smirk falls into a confused frown as he raises a brow, his sword dropping. "Yep." (Y/N) agrees, she gets off Twilight. Astrid looks at her and Hiccup in confusion. "Catch." (Y/N) unlatches her belt with her sword and tosses her it to one of the men, who fumble with it until they get a good grip. "If anything happens to it, You're Dead." She threatens giving him a menacing glare. The man, now scared, holds the sword securely to not lose or damage it.

Hiccup gets off Toothless and Astrid hops off Stormfly, albeit still hesitant. "That's two Night Furies, one Deadly Nadder," Hiccup says cheerfully, tossing a net onto Astrid and takes her axe, "And three of the finest dragon riders west of Luk Tuk." He finishes and shoves the axe to Eret, who stares at him confusion as the three walk past him. "That ought to make the boss happy, right?" Toothless snarls at Eret while Twilight glares at the men, they cower from her gaze.

The Riders then went into the cage, "What are you doing?" Astrid whispers to them as she enters the cage. (Y/N) gives her a wink and then follows after her. Astrid still confused as to what is happening. "Toothless, stay." Hiccup says as he closes the gate. Toothless rumbles to him and lightly paws at the cage while Twilight sniffs curiously at it. "The dragons don't care for cramped spaces, so they'll just hang out with you." Hiccup calls out to the trappers who watch in bewilderment. "There shouldn't be any problems." Right after (Y/N) said that, the trappers point their weapons at the Furies, making them jump in surprise then growl at them with silt pupils.

"Unless you do that." Hiccup peeks out from the cage. "You know wooden boat, big ocean. How-how is your swimming?" He questions the trappers with a raised brow. "Not very good." A trapper answers sheepishly. Eret exhales loudly and rolls his eyes in annoyance. They all jump back as Hiccup activates his flame sword, melting off the lock. "Oops! Almost forgot," Hiccup raises himself from the cage and smacks his head lightly, "You can't have armed prisoners!" He retracts the blade and hands it out for it to be taken.

One of the trappers takes it as Astrid shakes her head, "How is this a plan?" She asks. (Y/N) smiles reassuringly at her and lifts herself from the cage to stand next to Hiccup. "Just what every trapper needs. A device of my own invention." Eret blinks in disbelief but then looks to find one of his men messing with the sword and Hiccup holds back a laugh. "One end coats the blade in Monstrous Nightmare saliva," Hiccup explains as the man presses a button that releases a green gas. (Y/N) gets back into the cage and Hiccup lowers himself slowly, "The other sprays Hideous Zippleback gas. All it needs is a spark, and..." Eret's eyes widens and backs away as the trapper presses a button and Hiccup ducks down from the explosion caused.