Chapter 25: Ikea madness

*It was a big big world, but we thought we were bigger*

In that period, we took pride in showing each other our new homes.

At first, ours wasn't exactly up to the job.

But then, one year and many, many trips to Ikea later, it was a little shelter that we would be proud to show our friends.

I still remember, some crazy ones:

Me sitting in the boot of the car, holding the new sofa, hanging out of the car, and praying for the best.

And slow down, Theo!! I'm going to fall out together with the sofa and a few kitchen drawers as well!!

And how many sleepless nights, looking for that damned screw that had rolled under the carpet.

But then, eventually, it all came together.

Theo was so proud of it- he called it "his little castle". We made jokes about it.

I drew some comic strips where I was a princess, and he was my knight in shining armour, and our little apartment was our castle. He did the same for me.

We had boxes upon boxes of those.

Usually, one would be found at the dinner table, every evening.

When something broke, we joked about our castle maybe not being exactly top notch- when it came to castles.

But yeah, all things considered, it was nice.

....

We didn't have much money, but for our standards... for what we were used to. It was a lot.

We had enough to pay the mortgage on the house, and to make little renovations.

To buy new clothes.

And Theo had become quite smart, back then. I liked his style. He was not too formal, not too casual.

I especially liked when he was wearing some anime T-shirt, peeking under his shirt.

He was cool.

A little bit of the old Theo, a little bit of the new one.

...

When, eventually, we invited our friends to dinner in our little renovated castle, it was pretty decent.

There was a big new dinner table, and an L-shaped sofa, and a new big TV screen.

We snuggled up to watch the last seasons of Game of Thrones together, and had fun, and drank wine in our brand-new wine glasses.

Long gone were the times of the old rickety sofa, cheap pizza, and portable air conditioning.

Now, our apartment felt like a real, grown-up home. 

...

When our friends eventually left, they were not out of our driveway yet, that Theo had pulled me on the sofa already.

Straddling him.

Lifting my skirt, revealing the lace panties I had worn for the occasion.

- Theo...

I smirked, licked my lips.

His hands running up and down my thighs.

- I need to uh, I need to clear the table...

- Yes, we can do it later, Princess...stay with me now...

And his tongue was in my mouth, his hand in my panties.

That night, we had sex on our new sofa.

It was pretty comfortable, it turned out.

Well done, Ikea.