12

I drifted off completely.

But I was suddenly awoken to the sound of the lock on my door opening and the door busting in.

Panic shot through me as the bad thoughts re-entered into my mind again, and my heart raced as my hands shook.

This has happened before, when they wanted something and couldn't wait until the morning to have it.

I closed my eyes tightly and waited for something to happen, but I opened my eyes quickly at the sound of a deep and demanding voice.

~~~

"Scarlet!"

When I opened my eyes, the whole world seemed to stop. Standing there was Mike in his cop uniform, a gun drawn. He looked panicked but after a few seconds, his face seemed to soften.

He ran over to me and helped me get out of bed because I was completely frozen with shock. What is happening?

My mind was running through a million thoughts all at once. I thought Mike and everyone either didn't exist or didn't know me? I thought Mike never saved me?

If they just told me that to trick me, then why do I look so young? How could that be? Maybe I predicted my life or something? Am I actually crazy?

"Scarlet! Snap out of it Sweetheart, it's gonna be okay. I'm gonna get you out of here and bring you back to your family. I promise." He said and picked me up, seeing as though I was still frozen in place and felt like I couldn't move.

It felt like I was dreaming. But it felt too real. I've had dreams like this but they didn't... feel exactly right. This feels different.

"W-what's your name?" I was able to ask. "Scar it's me... Mike? How don't you remember my name?" He asked and scrunched his eyebrows at me.

"I do... I've had dreams of you coming to rescue me. They said it wasn't real. I was crazy and dreaming. That no one would rescue me. No one would want to." I said and looked at my hands and I played with my fingers.

"That's not true Scar. Everyone has been so worried and trying so desperately to do whatever they can to help you." He said. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. "Even my mom?" I asked, causing him to sigh. "You must be really drugged up..." he mumbled and started walking to the door.

I looked back down at this. Was everything a dream? Or did it really happen and I was drugged, lied to, and made out as crazy... again.

"Is Colby really my husband and father to my two kids?" I whispered to him. He paused and looked down at me. He closed his eyes for a second and nodded.

"Scarlet... what did they do to you?" He asked me quietly. "I don't-" just as I was about to finish my sentence, a voice came through his walkie-talkie. "Officer Willows, they're armed and headed your way! Get her and get out now!" Both of our eyes widened at that and Mike ran the rest of the way to the door.

He peered his head out and once he saw the coast was clear, he took off running with me in his arms. It wasn't the most enjoyable thing, seeing as though it hurt with the awkward position I was in, and the fact that he was running, but I wasn't gonna complain.

I closed my eyes against the pain, and to make sure I don't get too dizzy. This whole thing was making me feel like I was gonna be sick.

We ran for a minute more before we could see the exit. I let out a big breath and then scream once I heard a huge bang.

Bang.

One.

I close my eyes as I feel Mike jerk, dodging the bullets.

Bang.

Two.

He forcefully jerks again, this time, he didn't have time to dodge it.

Bang.

Three.

Now we're headed towards the floor.

Bang.

Four.

Mike let's our the loudest scream I've ever heard come from a person as he holds me away from him, but still protecting me from the bullets.

Bang.

Five.

"RUN SCARLET."

Bang.

Six.

"R-run sweetheart."

Bang.

Seven.

Now he's falling to the floor. I get up and try to help him, but he pushes me away and I fall behind the nearest wall so I can't get hit, but can still see him.

Bang.

Eight.

"R-run. E-escape." He whispers as he looks at me dead in the eyes.

Bang.

Nine.

He's gone.

I sob as I watch him, I want to get up and help him. I want to so badly. But I'm stuck to the floor. Something goes around my face, my mouth, but I don't pay any attention to it.

Bang.

Ten.

The world goes black.