7 (Colby's POV)

"I'm on my way."

Then the line went dead.

~~~

I hung up the phone and looked at it for a minute. He had to be lying... right? This is Caleb we're talking about though. We all know he would never pull a prank like that.

Maybe I'm having a really bad dream. "Is everything okay?" Sam asked, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"This is gonna sound really weird but I need you to slap me. Right now. Maybe not in the face. I don't know, punch me in the arm or slap my arm or something. Just do it Sam!" He looked at me like I was crazy. If only you knew Sam.

He stared at me before shaking his head and shrugging, sighing and then he slapped me on my arm like I had asked. It stung so I knew it was real. She was gone. Again.

"Shit. We gotta go. Now." I said and got up, quickly getting all of our trash. "Are you gonna tell me what's going on or-" I cut him off as I quickly threw everything out. "I'll tell you later. We need to get tickets back home now." I said and looked at him.

I was absolutely losing my mind and freaking out and I think Sam could tell because he nodded and didn't say another word. We quickly got in the car and sped to the hotel we were staying at.

We packed our stuff and then bought the tickets. We wouldn't be flying out for a few more hours so to keep myself from going crazy, we decided to quickly finish the investigation.

Once we were done, we got all of our things and went to the car. "So what's happening?" He asked as I drove us to the airport. I sighed and closed my eyes for a split second before focusing back on the road.

"They took Scarlet again." I said quietly. "What?! How? They were in prison!" He exclaimed. "I know. I don't even know what's happening over there. All I know is she's probably terrified and traumatized. Again. God, she got over it! She healed! They need to do something if prisoners are escaping." I said as my jaw clenched.

"I get it man. I can't imagine what everyone is going through. Especially her. I feel so bad for her. You're right, she was healed. But she's probably gonna be more broken then ever." He said and I nodded in agreement.

"This is gonna be worse than ever with the kids though. How the hell am I supposed to handle that?" I asked and shook my head.

"Maybe just say she went on vacation? Or she's saving some ghosts or something. The ghost thing is probably a better option since she didn't say anything about a vacation to the kids nor did she say goodbye." He said and I nodded. "Yeah, I'm gonna just make something up." I said and he nodded.

The rest of the car ride was silent, neither one of us knowing what to say. I just wanted to be back home and get to my kids and get Scar back.

When we got to the airport, we tried to get through the whole process as quickly as possible. Fortunately, it went well in our favor but the flight did not. It felt like we were sitting there for hours before we finally landed. We got off the plane as quickly as possible, grabbed our luggage, and headed back to the house.

I will admit I might've gone over the speed limit a little bit but nothing too major. I just needed to get to my kids and see what was happening.

After what felt like forever, we finally got there at 2:30 in the morning. I quickly parked and then got out of the car and practically ran inside. I heard the kids crying, making me run to where I heard them which was up in Scar and I's room.

When I got there, Gus, Kat, Tom, Caleb, and the dogs were all there while Aurora and Greyson were laying in our bed crying. The four adults were trying to calm them down while the dogs all laid next to them.

I walked into the room causing Aurora to look up at me. "Daddy." She cried harder as she reached her arms out to me. Grey looked up to me as soon as he heard Aurora and then started crying more as well.

"Hi sweethearts. I'm here. I've got you." I said as I sat on the bed and held them tightly. I closed my eyes as I held them while they cried, trying to not cry as well.

"We want mommy." They cried and hugged me tighter. I closed my eyes tighter and took a deep breath. "I know my loves. She'll come back. I promise." I said and then kissed their heads.

This was gonna be a lot harder than I thought it would.