6 (Caleb's POV)

"But you're Caleb! Everyone's nice to you! Even Gus is! You do it!" I argued.

"Fine! But if Colby kills me, it is your fault Thomas!" Caleb said and then stomped off.

I'm so thankful he gave in so easily because there's no way I would have the guts to do that, especially now that they're so in love.

All I gotta say, is good luck Cay, and I'm glad it ain't me.

Sorry not sorry.

~~~

I sighed as I walked over to another room while I looked up Colby's contact in my phone, before pressing his name and bringing my phone up to my ear.

It rang for what felt like forever before I heard his confused voice over the phone. "Hello?" He asked. "Hey Colby! How's it going man?" I asked and scratched the base of my neck.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't afraid to tell Colby because I was terrified. How was I supposed to tell him that two psychos somehow escaped prison and kidnapped his wife for the third time on our watch and we couldn't help her?!

I really didn't know.

The only plan I currently had was to stall until he eventually got the truth out of me which probably won't take much.

"I'm good man, what about you? Did you need something? Is everything and everyone ok?" Oh yeah no, everything's fine. You know, except for the fact that your wife got kidnapped. Again.

He knew something was up. It was obvious. I was never a good liar and I hated keeping things from my closest friends, so it was really easy to see that something was off with me, and to get things out of me.

"Yeah no, everything's fine! Why would you ask such a thing???" I asked and all about slapped myself on the forehead for sounding absolutely stupid. I'm panicking, and when I panic, it makes my lies and excuses seem 20x more obvious then they already are.

And I get sloppy and stupid with my excuses. I'm really not good at this. At all. I should've had Tom just do this. He knows I'm not good at this sort of thing!

"Caleb, I've known you for quite awhile and I've picked up on a few things and one thing I've picked up on you, and I mean this with full respect, is that you are a terrible liar. What's going on?" He asked.

Oh god, please help me. I can't do this.

I really can't do this.

"Please hold." I ran back into the kitchen to see Tom looking stressed while speaking into his phone quietly, and I didn't have to check on Gus to know he had a handful, so I was stuck with telling him. Great.

Best day ever.

I hope you realized how sarcastic that was.

Oh no, I sound like Gus-

"Caleb? What is going on brother? You're freaking me out!" He stressed into the phone. "Um.. ok.." I said and took a deep breath as I walked into the room I was in previously.

"Do you want the good news first or the bad news?" I asked, hoping he'd say good news. "There's bad news? That first I guess. You're freaking me out bro." He said as let out a frustrated sigh.

"Welp, you're getting the good news first." I said and sat on one of the chairs in the room. He groaned but I ignored him and told him the good news.

"The good news is that absolutely nothing is wrong with the house. It's still in perfect pristine shape." I said with fake cheer in my voice.

I really couldn't care less about the house's condition, and I knew he felt the same. I was just panicking and stalling again.

"Great, now what's the bad news?" He asked and I let out a deep breath. "Are you sitting?" I asked. "What's that supposed to mean?! What is going on over there Cay!?" He asked and I squeezed my eyes shut.

"The two guys somehow escaped prison and the whole danger thing was a warning to NOT go to the house because they were there and they took Scar again and there was nothing we could do." I spoke really fast and in one breath, hoping he wouldn't hear me, but the deadly silence gave away that he did.

"What?" It wasn't that he didn't understand what I said, no. He heard it loud and clear. "I'm so sorry Colby, we're all so worried and scared but I promise you we tried our best to help her-" I couldn't finish my rant before he cut me off.

"I'm on my way."

Then the line went dead.