16- Rescue Mission

(Third Person POV)

"Kate Bishop, Mother, Eleanor. Lives on Park and 41st. Father, Derek, deceased, very sad. You walked into traffic to save a dog, that's pretty cool and you get a few points from me on that. Your university GPA is 3.8. Senior, double major, and-"

"We get it. Thank you"
Kate cuts the blonde off.

"But we didn't even get to talk about your fiancé"

"You've proven you know everything. Are you in New York to talk to Clint?"

"No, no. I'm here to kill him"
Kate's and Y/n's faces turn shocked when they hear the blondes words.

"Why do you risk your life for Clint Barton? How has everyone forgiven him for what he's done?"

"Clint saved the world"
Y/n speaks up.

"No he didn't. My sister saved the world. Natasha Romanoff saved the world"
Y/n's eyes widen as Kate's stays the same.

"Don't pretend you're not surprised. It doesn't look cool"

"You're really Natasha's sister?"
Y/n asks the blonde and she nods.

"I did not see that coming. Good thing I didn't kill you up there"
The blonde bursts out laughing at Kates words.

"You would kill me? Kate Bishop, you're so funny!"

"Natasha and Clint were friends. Why do you want to kill him?"

"You like him so much. It makes me think you don't know who he really is"

"He came here to protect us"
Y/n voices out.

"He's here to protect his reputation. Do you know how many people he has killed?"

"He's still an avenger"
Kate speaks.

"What does that word mean? It has so much power. You call him a hero no matter what?"

"It means when you choose to spend your life helping people, you're going to lose things. There will be collateral damage"

"My sister is gone because of him! Is she collateral damage?"

"There's no way that's true. He wouldn't let that happen"

"How long have your girls known Clint Barton?"
Kate and Y/n look at each other before Kate speaks up.

"About a week"

"Hmm. It will not be hard to complete this mission"
The blonde speaks up before walking to the door.

"Do not get in my way again"
The door closes behind her.

"Kate, we need to talk to Clint"

"I know baby, let's go home. I can try the repeated calls thing again"
Y/n giggles at her fiancé before they walk towards the door.

As Kate and Y/n walk through the door of the large pant house, they are met with the sound of arguing.

"I'm so sorry, mom"
Kate rushes towards her mom and wraps her in an embrace.

"I looked into it and you girls were right"
Eleanor returns the hug and Y/n joins in.

"I don't blame you for calling the police, darling. I would've done the same. I've been framed but I'll clear it up and be back for your Christmas party"
Jack speaks up as the police take him away.

"I'm sorry Eleanor. I know how hard this must be for you"
Y/n pulls away from the hug and feels Kate squeeze her hand.

"Thank you Y/n. I should've believed you both earlier. After all, you've never lied to me before. Or at least you haven't, Y/n"
Eleanor smiles at the shorter girl.

"What? I don't lie that often"
Kate defends.

"Baby, you lie all the time. You once ate a battery on a dare and lied about it to me when I tasted something weird on your lips. You're lucky I pressed on about that or the doctors wouldn't have been able to get it out in time"

"Okay, well, I don't lie about anything super serious"
Y/n sighs at her girlfriend and Eleanor chuckles at the girls as they walk up the stairs.

"You know I think you're a hero, don't you? You're the best hero there will ever be. You're my hero"
Kate smiles as tears fill her eyes, placing her lips softly onto her fiancés.

"Why don't you try calling him?"
Y/n asks, watching her fiancé flop onto the bed.

"You're right. I should call him"
Y/n hands Kate her phone and she dials the number.

"Hey, it's me. I know you said 'it's over' but it's not. Call me back"
After a few more unanswered calls and voicemails, Y/n speaks up.

"Katie, why don't you track his phone again? It would be a lot faster than waiting for his call back"
Kate's eyes widen and her face turns to a grin.

"Baby, you're a genius!"
Y/n and Kate rush towards Clint's location after Kate changes into her archery costume.

"Wait here. I'll be right back"
Kate turns to look at her fiancé.

"What? No. It's dangerous. I want to go with you"
Y/n replies.

"I'll be able to shoot a lot better if I know you're safe away from this mess. Please? For me?"

"Fine. Promise you'll be safe though, okay?"

"When am I not? Of course I'll be safe. I'll be back in 5 minutes. I love you"

"I love you too"
Y/n leans up to connect their lips and Kate runs towards the buildings roof.

A few minutes later, Kate and Clint come walking towards the shorter girl.

"See N/n? I told you I'd be safe"

"You don't have a very good track record"
Y/n teases as Kate connects their lips before a taxi calls out to them.

"Are you Tabitha?"

"Yes, I am"
Kate replies as the trio walk towards the taxi.

The group sits silently in the car before Y/n speaks.

"We have one more thing to worry about. That girl in the mask is Natasha's sister"
Clint looks at her in shock.

"Yelena. Okay, thank you"
The car slows to a stop and the group gets out.

"That's so cool! I wanna try"
Kate says as she watches Grills make Lucky dance with a treat. She holds up a treat but Lucky doesn't obey.

"You make it look so easy. You can cook, you can sing, what can't you do?"
She speaks as Y/n holds up a treat and the dog dances for it.

"I guess I'll just have to find out. We're gonna spend the rest of our lives together so I'm gonna find out eventually"

"Katie, we've known each other for fourteen years. You know everything about me by know"
Their conversation is interrupted by Kate's phone vibrating.

"Katie? What's wrong?"
Her fiancé asks when she sees Kate's face turn worried.

"Look at this"
Kate hands Y/n her phone and she sees the messages from Yelena.

"Who's with my mom?"

"That's Kingpin. The guy we've been worried about"
Clint speaks, looking at the phone.

Sorry for the long wait! I hope you enjoyed this and look forward to the next one!