Preamble, and warnings. You can skip it, but yeah, please... don't.

Hi guys; I'm "Bi".

I'm 32 years old. I live in Europe. 

I'm a totally amateurish but very passionate writer: writing is my hobby, and my therapy.

I've written many, many stories in my life, but I had never written down my actual life

My own, real, strange life. But now, somehow, I felt the need to.

It was weird, but very therapeutic- I highly recommend it.

And putting it out there, where possibly anyone could read it, it's both scary, and liberating.

The names have been changed, for privacy. A few details have been changed as well, or purposefully left out.

There won't be really an ending: it's just my life experience, so far. I still have more questions than answers, unfortunately- maybe one day, I'll answer them all.

Anyway, if you think that you can find comfort in reading other people's life experience, feel free to go forward.

Content

We'll talk mainly about growing up, relationships, breakups, and how they affect us. The pain and nostalgia, and sense of "failure" when something goes wrong, and we must build up our life again.

Trigger warnings: abusive parents, self-harm, suicidal thoughts, sexuality (only mentions- heterosexual), health issues- both physical and mental, dealing with grief.

I beg you, if you proceed, to judge depression and mental illness with kindness, and not superficially. Depression is not like: "you're just feeling a bit under the weather, just cheer up, you'll be fine!", It's not like that.

The story will focus more on myself, my own experience. I will be mentioning other people as well, of course. I tried not to delve into their own personal stories, more than it was necessary. Not because those were uninteresting; quite the contrary. But I wanted to respect their privacy... at least a little bit.

Other info

The story it's around 34.000 words, like a short novel, or a novella. English is not my native language, but it is the one I love to write in: I hope it's readable, anyway. Let me know if, and what, doesn't sound right, so that can I keep learning, and improving.

(A quick note. One word I realized, after having written it 1000 times, maybe was a slang used in the only place where I had ever learned English from: "Uni" as short for university. It is used in my own language as well, so I keep using it.. Do other people use it? I hope it's understandable!)

I also want to give credit to all of the amazing artists whose songs have been the soundtrack of my life, and helped me through the pain. Some of them are quoted in the story. I hope it's ok to quote them, if I'm not taking advantage of them, to earn any money. (Added: I realized I can actually insert videos so, from my second life onward, there will be the actual soundtrack in the chapters).

In conclusion

Lastly, I want to point out, before we start, that I've met people who had it far worse in life than I had. People who went through unbelievable violence. People who are currently suffering in a hospital bed, whereas I'm comfortably sitting on my sofa, writing to you, guys. Or people that are no longer with us.

So, I don't want to complain about my life being the most horrible out there, nor to show it off as the most amazing; it surely isn't. I'm aware of it.

I only want to share the things that I do, still, struggle with.

After all, as I once read: If everything goes right, we have a good experience; if everything goes wrong, we have a good story.

(Simon Sinek)