~Chapter 7: Cakes and Houses~

Extra long chapter ahead! :) Dedicated to @TigerCupcake :3

~Chapter 7: Cakes and House~

Hazel's POV

Percy's birthday is just 'round the corner. He said it was something simple. We will just have a Karaoke Night along with food and stuff, only those who'll have to move to a new house the day after his birthday, and we also invited Caaryn so Connor can have a pair. We couples (so excluding Leo, Will and Paolo who were the "Lonely Triplets") had to pick a "theme song", now where'd he get that idea?

---------------------------------

We were sitting on the Poseidon Cabin, waiting for the next performer after the Lonely Triplets, who sang Payphone by Maroon 5. They were decently good. I think the best would be Paolo since he hit the high notes and sang really well.

"Good job, Leo!" I said. Frank squeezed his hand on my shoulder while Leo blushed and smiled shyly. Okay, I thought we were done with the whole Leo vs. Frank thing? I mean, I already chose Frank and I'm not regretting it. I know that Leo will find his special girl out there, no doubt.

"Hey guys, I'm not a loner you know. I have a girlfriend!" Will exclaimed.

"What's her name then?" Percy asked.

"Natalie, daughter of Nemesis." Will said proudly.

"Natalie? As in Natalie Asher?" Bea asked.

"Yep. How'd you know her?" the son of Apollo questioned.

"Well, let's say we also met at school and became really close. She's a great singer, you know." Bea said, as a matter-of-factly. Will nodded.

"Back to where we are, now. Next up would be...." Percy the host looked at his clipboard, "Percabeth! Percy and Annabeth!" Bea the co-host exclaimed. Percy stepped out of his kind-of pedestal and walked over to Annabeth.

"Our song would be Grenade by Bruno Mars because we would have sacrificed each other's lives for the other," Percy said. Annabeth gave him a quick peck on the cheek.

At the end of the song, I never knew that Annabeth was such a great singer, while Percy sounds like a dying whale, literally. But still, I clapped the hardest.

I looked over the front and saw Bea crying, like with tears.

"Oh Bea! Why're you crying?" Percy asked, concerned.

"I -sniff- heard -sniff- a dying -sniff- whale nearby as -sniff- you -sniff- sang," she said miserably. I chuckled, but no one heard me but I saw Bea smirk at me.

"Huh?" Perce asked uncapping his ballpoint pen, turning it to Riptide, "Where?"

"Why'd you put out Riptide? Gutting the whale?" I asked my friend, pretending as if I didn't know who Bea was referring to.

"Uhm, yeah.."Percy said awkwardly as he touched the tip.of Riptide and it changed back to a pen and stored it in his pocket, "So where?"

"Riiiiiight," she prolonged the "i" as she pointed with her index finger around the cabin. Then it stopped on Percy, "There." she smiled.

"Hardi-har-har, very funny, baby sister," Percy said with sarcasm dripping.

"So those were fake tears?" Frank asked, I'd say idiotically. I pinched his arm.

"No, no they're not," she said, sarcastically, "I really heard a dying whale."

"Well that's one great actor," I said, impressed.