011 • H A L F B L O O D P R I N C E •

Sierra Snape knocked on her brother's bedroom door constantly as he was taking longer to answer. As soon as he opened the door, Sierra barged in, "Why the hell aren't you opening the door, Sev? What have you been doing-"

Sierra cut herself as her eyes fell on the only notebook on Sev's desk with an ink bottle left open beside it and a quill kept on it. The Halfblood Prince. Sierra glanced back at him with a slightly surprised look.

"What are you doing with it?" Sierra asked going towards the notebook but Sev stopped her coming in her way. She stared at him quizzically.

"What do you want?" Sev asked tersely going back and picking up his notebook protectively to stuff it back in his book shelf.

"Mother sent me to call you for dinner." Sierra answered not sure why Sev was acting weird suddenly.

"Okay, come." Sev led her out of his room and locked it behind him, she followed him downstairs slowly to the dining room where their mother waited for them.

"Come, kids." Eileen, their mother gave the wrinkly smile to her kids as they seated themselves on either side of her. Sierra passed the smile back while Sev just sat down not bothering to even look at their mother.

Sierra knew he hated their mother along with their father. Tobias Snape deserved to be hated because of the things he did, he assualted his wife, troubled his kids, beat Sev, so hating him was obvious and natural. But what Eileen Snape, neé Prince did to deserve Sev's hate was to remain with Tobias Snape after finding out his reality, she was the responsible for rotting her and her kids lives.

Eileen was a good woman if you'd ask Sierra, she did care for her children. Sierra pitied her mother for how her life had been, she didnt deserve to suffer like that. But at the same time Sierra was mad at her mother for marrying their father. Being a witch, she didnt quite understand, why her mother found their muggle father worthy enough to marry. It was still a mystery.

But Sierra would always be reminded if their mother hadnt married their father, she and her brother wouldnt have been born. But she could have left him later. Sierra would argue to herself because her mother always shut her for this topic.

Though Eileen Snape was a sweet and caring woman, she loved it when her kids opened up to her and she was also strong enough to go against their father for them. She would let him beat her instead of laying a hand on her kids. Sierra knew her mother was a fighter. But she was also coward enough to not share her feelings. She suffered and went through everything quietly. Sierra hated that quality of her. It would always irk Sierra how her mother would never confide in her, when she told her she could fix it.

Their mother would always turn the offer of help down from her children. Sev would leash out his anger saying that their mother just tries to be great by showing them she is strong enough to suffer constantly. In short, their small family was not so happy.

"Juice, sweetie?" Eileen asked to Sierra holding the jug up, Sierra politely declined her offer as she was too indulged in staring at her brother trying to read what was going in his mind. The notebook held some special occasions and reasons whenever it was brought out.

The time goes back to a couple of years, probably when Sev was in his third year and Sierra in her second. Sev learned that they could create their own spells and he wanted to do that so badly. One day Sierra found out a mysterious notebook in her brother's bag named 'The Halfblood Prince.'

It was in their winter break, Sierra wouldn't stop asking about that notebook to Sev. He had to finally give in and tell her sister about it and then she wanted to such a notebook for herself too. So, she wrote 'The Halfblood Princess.'