Twenty

24th May

Milo's POV:

I've been laying in my bed staring at the ceiling before college starts for a while now. Still ecstatic from my date with Harvey, it went well. Better than I thought it'd go.

Harvey seemed to enjoy himself and I know I did, we kissed, we sat close, we held hands. We talked and I enjoyed it all.

The day after we met up with our friends and told them we were dating, or are dating. We've only been on one date yes, but we've already planned for another. And I'm thinking about what to do for our next one.

I want to be the one planning it, he's never been with anyone else so I want to take the lead and make him feel special. So I've been thinking really hard lately of what to do.

I asked Oakley but he said to go paint balling? Which is a terrible idea for a date- i told him so and he pouted at me. Then I promised him we'll all go paint balling sometime because I could tell he wanted to.

Emmy was no help either. He just said to go to the cafeteria in college at lunch time and I told him to never plan a date. Ever.

My final option was Darcie and she was actually helpful, she said to go back on our hill. Picnic, or have a movie night out in the car with them big screens. Or a fancy resurant because New Hill has plenty of those. I appreciated her helpfulness.

Not so much the other two.

Today is Monday so I finally decide to get up and get ready, throwing my clothes on I hum a song to myself. Ever so often I check the window to see if Harvey is there but he isn't in his room. It's fine because I'll see him in college.

He told me that he wants to walk today to clear his mind, I don't know why but I didn't push him to tell me what's wrong. I'm just hoping it's not me, but since our first date he has been hanging with me every second up until now.

He's been more touchy lately, always sitting the closest he can when we're all at the cafe in our booth we always go too. Or on the hill, or in the cafeteria.

It's quite nice, I like to see that side of him, the clingy and touchy side. I knew he had a nice side, to me every part of him is nice but I like to see his soft side every once in a while.

I get to college but I don't see anyone around, my friends must be in their classes. I do get a message from my old friends, asking how I am and how Harvey is.

I did tell them about our first date, I was too excited about it- I basically told everyone. Even my mum, but I made her promise not to tell anyone, especially Harvey's parents since he's not out.

Harvey was actually cool with it, it was his idea to tell our friends. He told Darcie first and she had a gilnt in her eye, a knowing look.

He wasn't afraid to tell them, we know Emmy is gay- he has never really said but he's never denied. Harvey once told him he was so far back in the closet he was in narnia. We all laughed but I told him it wasn't nice though Emmy didn't care.

And we can all see how he looks at Oakley, who is oblivious to it all. But that's just him. Oblivious to everything around him.

He is okay with it, he doesn't really care what people do as long as they're enjoying themselves. Which I like about him, how accepting he is and how he just doesn't care.

Darcie is the same, she has a feathery tone to her. Anytime we talk to her she isn't really here, she's thinking about something else and she always has that smile on her face. When Harvey told her about us dating she hugged him and kissed his cheeks.