otto

Alberto reeled out the rope and tossed it into Pierre's arms as it unraveled. Pierre took the time holding the rope to look around, fascinated by Genova once again. Pierre kept his thoughts on low, forwarding his gaze to the docks. The docks led to him oggiling at Alberto.

Alberto was indeed very attractive. Now that Pierre didn't completely hate him, he started to notice how handsome Alberto was. Muscular arms, sun-kissed skin, dazzling green eyes, curly blonde hair, tattoos that Pierre found quite interesting. He only had one, unlike what Pierre had expected. It was on his left shoulder, two fish swimming together, one green and one purple. Pierre wondered why the fish were there, since he had forgotten what Luca and Alberto looked like in seamonster form. Hell, he even forgot they were sea monsters.

"Do you like it?" Alberto asked, snapping Pierre's head up from the tattoo.

"What?" Pierre blinked.

"The tattoo, stupido." Alberto laughed. Pierre laughed as well, smiling up at Alberto. "Oui, the fish are pretty and well done. Who did it?" Pierre asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Me. I have another one, too, if you wanna see." Alberto said, slyly grinning at Pierre's gobsmacked face. Pierre nodded and Alberto lifted his tank top to his chest.

The name "Luca" was printed in cursive over the left pectoral. Pierre started to grimace at how much Alberto loved Luca for him to get his name tattooed onto himself.

"Well?" Alberto asked, impatient. He started to feel silly standing there with his shirt raised. Pierre nodded in approval. Relieved, Alberto let his shirt fall down.

-

They were on the boat in no time, after Alberto did all of the work. Pierre looked out on the sea, pondering on what he should ask Alberto. What would he start with? 'Hey Alberto, my father left me too! Wanna trauma dump each other until you like me enough to date your boyfriend?' Pierre sighed into the salty air.

"Did Luca make you do this?" Alberto asked, looking at the boat's flooring. Pierre felt a knot forming in his throat, his forehead began to sweat and his skin felt uncomfortable to be in.

"Yeah... We were talking about it." Pierre started. Alberto's eyebrows twitched, which Pierre learned to know was a warning sign for him about to blow up. "So... He likes you, and me, at the same time. He can't stand not having both of us. And I like Luca, and you like Luca, but we don't like each other." Pierre felt his shirt tighten when he saw Alberto's ears getting red.

"He decided maybe if we went on this trip, and talked through some things, maybe we could make an agreement. Like, you court Luca, but I still have access to love and be with him."

"I don't think you know what you're talking about. At all." Alberto raised his voice. "Luca is mine, and when we court he'll be all over me. No matter what your shriveled, French, heart thinks." Alberto spat, nails gripping to the wooden bench. Pierre's eye twitched, immediately thinking this plan backfired.

Pierre was going to tell Alberto it was a mistake to bring it up, or it was all a joke, and be alone for the rest of his life.

"Just because your dad left doesn't mean you get everything in the world, Alberto!"

Fuck.

"My dad left too! Wow, so kind! And maybe he didn't leave me in a tower, but he left me to take care of my own mother. He abused her, Alberto. Not just hitting, mentally disabled her. She'll never think straight again. Never talk, walk, speak, smile. Never again." Pierre felt his face get hot.