cinque

Pierre jumped away from Luca as if he were burned. Luca's cheeks were coated with a flush, small spatterings of scales from where Pierre's tears were transferred. Pierre shakes and his eyes are wide as saucers. He feels terrible and wants to redo the entire conversation.

He shakes and thinks over what he just did. He thinks he's gross, thinks he's unloveable.

But all the thoughts are silenced when arms are wrapped around him. Pierre looks down and see's Luca wrapped around his torso, letting out soft hiccups. Pierre reciprocates the hug and snakes his arms around Luca's waist.

"You have me... you have me..." Luca cooed into Pierre's shirt. Pierre started to cry even harder and latched onto Luca for dear life. "Why did you think you didn't?" Luca asked, lifting his head. He wiped under Pierre's eyes while he collected himself.

"Aren't you and Alberto dating now?" Pierre asked. Luca smiled warmly at the noirette. Luca giggled softly and his eyes became captivating. "Seafolk don't date. When a Planter courts a Hatcher, that's when 'dating' starts." Luca said, rubbing circles into the back of Pierre's hand. The taller boy only noticed now that Luca had grabbed it.

"Can you explain courting to me?" Pierre asked politely. Luca giggled again and led Pierre out of the bathroom. There they found Alberto worriedly standing in front of the door. "Are you two okay? All I heard was yelling and crying and I assumed something was wrong." Alberto said, his attention on Luca more than Pierre.

Alberto pulled Luca in and hovered his mouth near Luca's ear. "Did Pierre do anything..?" Alberto cautiously asked, rubbing one of Luca's cheeks in the process. "Did you burn the pasta?" Luca asked and kissed Alberto's cheek. Luca pulled away and motioned for Pierre to follow him to his room.

They both sat on the bed, and Alberto let himself have the beanbag chair. Luca pulled out a notebook and a pen, handed them to Pierre, and slid on his glasses. Pierre questioningly glanced down at the book.

"For questions." Alberto helpfully called out. Pierre smiled at him and turned his head to Luca.

"Okay, so when a Planter is ready to court a Hatcher, or 'ask them out, they usually present a courting gift. A courting gift can range from a pretty fish to a pearl, but it's usually something significant to the two. If the Hatcher is pleased with the gift, then courting begins. If they aren't pleased, either the Planter can find another suitable gift or they can drop it overall.

"Alrighty, courting. Um, during courting you love and care for your potential mate. Like, have fun together. Show them that you appreciate them." Luca said, a faint blush creeping onto his cheeks. "Since the Hatcher is the one doing all the cooking and preparing there's nothing else the Planter can do. Courting is kind of building up to the big thing anyway.

"Okay, so after courting comes the... intimate part..." Luca said, easily getting flustered at the topic.
"Team sex let's go!" Alberto called out, whooping into the air. Pierre laughed as Luca threw a pillow into the burly man's face.

"Anyway, during courting things will start to get more and more... touchy? I don't know how to put it but gradually it gets to rubbing cheeks. Anyway... Here comes the final part of courting. The Planter will guide the Hatcher to a chosen cave, either already made or they can make it themselves. If the Hatcher likes it, they'll curl up in the center of the cave and start to click and chirp. Words are out of the conversation at this point. So, the Planter goes and finds a final gift, like the first. This can be the same gift, but Hatchers usually aren't that impressed with rebounds. The new gift will show the Hatcher how much the Planter's love for them has grown, and it marks their relationship. While the Planter is getting the gift, the Hatcher grooms himself in the cave until they feel pleased with their appearance.