tre

Pierre looked through the window. He sat at the table with Luca while Alberto ordered their lunches. Luca was too shy to order his own and Pierre wrote down his while in line and handed Alberto the money with the excuse of 'finding the perfect table'.

Luca read the pocketbook he had gotten recently at the library, another Shakespeare writing Pierre didn't have the patience to read. Luca looked up at Pierre with his gorgeous doe eyes and smiled fondly at the boy.

Luca smoothly closed his book and slid it towards the window sill. Pierre's eyes drifted to Luca's and he looked at Luca.

"Hi." Luca smiled. His voice sounded soothing and sweet like honey.

"Hi." Pierre smiled. He tried to reciprocate the coaxing tune with his voice, and from the way Luca's eyes shined brighter, Pierre thought he did a pretty good job.

Luca stirred the tiny spoon for mixing coffee around the white cloth of the table mat. He took in Pierre's figure.

Slim, with muscle. Big eyes that were always half-lidded. Pretty black hair that had loose curls around the front. Small upper lip and big lower lip. Fair skin with small speckles of white from the sun. His ears were pierced, too.

Luca seemed to like that very much. His own eyes became lidded and he shifted closer to Pierre, who almost backed up by instinct.
"I just realized I don't know you well," Luca said, frowning a bit.

"Hm, me too. What's your favorite color?" Pierre asked, moving his hand from his cheek to the table. The third seat was empty, the seat for Alberto.

Luca looked up for a moment, searching through the files of knowledge from school for an answer to the simple question. His fingers tapped on the table and he hummed.

"I don't know, I've never really had one. I like the color yellow, though." Luca said, smiling. "What's yours?" He asks the boy across from him.

It was Pierre's turn to look through his brain. He found memories of going to the paint store for robin's egg paint for his room, his blue shoes he wore every day, his favorite flowers, and his older brother. He smiles at the last memory and looks Luca in his beautiful eyes.

"I'd have to say blue, any shade really." Pierre smiles at the younger.

"Did you know that blue is the color of your eyes?" Luca said, shifting even closer to the boy in front of him. His eyes flicked to his lips a few times.

Pierre subtly blushed and scooted towards Luca, their noses almost touching. Luca looks into Pierre's eyes and closes them, his not far behind.
Their lips touch and fireworks burst in Pierre's mind, he can smell daises and joy in the flower field he's laying in. He lays with Luca, cloud-gazing. He thinks about his future, and then it all fades away at a clearing of a throat.

Pierre opens his eyes to find Luca sitting where he was a few minutes ago, and nothing seems to have happened. He feels embarrassed, realizing the kiss was only a daydream. Pierre slouches into his seat, feeling color creep onto his cheeks.

"I'm back! Sorry, the poor guy forgot how to use the cash register. Then the manager had to come out and I was all 'Eeh, why am I here...' and now I am waiting even longer for some food." Alberto says, making hand gestures the entire time he explained his short tragedy.