chapter twelve

You stood there in the door your breath caught in your throat your tears running free as you collapsed down holding your mouth. Yasopp came to your side as he helped you sit down on one of the chairs.

Your eyes wide with shock. " he fell into a coma that will last at least a year. That's  what the doctor said" Yasopp muttered.

Your brain refused to believe it as you got up and took shanks hand. " shanks... Darling come on get up so we can go home... hey wake up... you can't  leave me not you too... plea-please" you cried while the other three watched you having their hearts torn apart by your pleading.

Your eyes held a sad shine in them with the tears in the corner your lips quivering as you stared down at your lover injured body. Yasopp Benn and roux excused themselves and left you alone to drown in your sorrow.

You stayed there in his room without getting out for a few days only for food that you missed school. Your friends got up and went to school as they had to drag a struggling you to the dorm where the girls helped change your cloth.

They made you wear an oversized sweater with some jeans and glasses that looked like your father's one.

When you entered the class with ace you were welcomed by the substitute teacher as she introduced herself 'boa Hancock' the lesson went on painfully slow as you zoned out for a second till a hand slammed Into your desk making you snap out of it.

You glared at the person who distributed you. To see the one and only boa Hancock staring right back at you through your glasses. "can you answer the question on the board miss L/N?" she questioned with a smug tone thinking you can't answer. You looked at the board then said " it's ***** teacher" she looked stunned "correct" she left you alone and went back to teaching while you stare outside the window thinking of shanks situation.

You couldn't help but worry about him after all you left him to Yasopp anything could happen. He could die! He could even wake up damn it!? You wanted to be by his side. When the ball rang you went to the next class with mihawk and all the straw hats except luffy.

You sat down in your seat with your eyes seemingly finding your closed notebook interesting. You opened it then begun writing the lesson while counting every passing second without him.

When lunch came you were completely hating on the person who developed school as you sat down and gave your lunch to luffy. You've honestly been feeling sick lately so you started starving your self. You looked like a complete mess without him

//When school ended you went to the hospital//

You sat down beside shanks then took his hand and gave it a gentle kiss.

"Are you lonely?"

"Our fingers dancing when they meet" you locked your hands together

"You seem so lonely..."

"You'll be the only dream I seek" you caressed his cheek

"so if you're lonely, no need to show me"

"if you're lonely I'll be lonely with you"

Lonely?

Passion is crashing as I speak

You seem so lonely

You're the ground my feet won't  reach

So, if you're lonely, Darling your glowing

If you're lonely come be lonely with me

You looked at his body as you sang he did seem lonely in your eyes with no one to talk to. Just as you were without him even though your friends are all their you still felt lonely.