Chapter 4

Ben's POV

Nothing is better than a home cooked meal. Mason's mom's cooking was the best in the land. It was food I would pay for.

"So uh, mom told me to give you these." Mason entered the room I am staying in and put a bag on the bed. "There's a toothbrush, soap, conditioner-"

"You got me conditioner?" I asked.

"Um, yeah. I noticed your hair looked soft." He blushed.

"You were looking at my hair?" I asked him. I wanted to see him mumble and freak out.

"... shut up! Good night, Ben." He said and left the room.

"Good night!" I yelled back at him.

I got up and went to brush my teeth. This bathroom is so cute!

As I layed in bed, I got a call from my sis Katherine.

"Hey gremlin. Wassup?" I asked.

"Ben, father is FUMING right now!" She said into the phone. "He's been yelling at everyone ever since he saw you were gone! He's meeting with the prime minister of the UK and sending the royal guard to surrounding countries." Kat said.

"Does he have any suspicions about the US?" I asked.

"Not yet. But if they don't find you here, the US is next."

"And what about mother?"

"She's been spending time calming father down. It's like she's the only one who can calm him."

"And you?" I asked.

"As long as I ignore father, I don't get yelled at. But be warned. When you come back, don't expect father to accept you with open arms." Kat warned. That sent a chill down my spine.

"I know. The old man is always angry." I said.

"So, meet anyone?" She asked.

"Yeah, two people so far." I said.

"Oh yeah? Who are they?" I can feel the smirk on her face.

"This guy Mason and his mom. They're letting me stay with them for a while."

"Mason, huh? Do you feel anything about this Mason?" She asked. She knows that I swing both ways. It's very accepted in our kingdom for people to be queer. We're very progressive.

"I won't lie, kinda. He's smaller than me. I actually met him by running into him. We both fell back and I told him where the nearest hotel was at. He invited me to stay with him in the guest room."

"Awww, he's a keeper." She cooed.

"It's not like that, Kat! I don't even know if I like him or not."

"You're basically living with him. Hmm, King Mason I. Has a nice ring to it." I buried my face in the pillow and squealed.

"Stopppppp! No! Next you'll be choosing our wedding date and kids' names." I told her. Kat chuckled, clearly enjoying seeing me become a mess. A loud boom came from the other line.

"Shit! I think I hear dad! I gotta go and clear my call history! Bye Ben!" Before I could say goodbye, she hung up.

I put my arms under my head and looked over to the wall that I share with Mason. Is he asleep? Or did he overhear my conversation?

I'll need a bit more time to see if I like Mason. But do I want to like him? Eventually, I'll have to return home on another continent. IF, and that's a very big if, IF I fall for someone, would they want to come to Artois with me and be all in for the idea of becoming a royal.

It's better than eventually being forced into an arranged marriage. I've heard of many kings and queens before me who were too late to find true love and were forced into a marriage.

So far, the main bachelors are the remnants of the Habsburgs, ya'know, the ones that lost the crown because they were so inbred they didn't have any more offsprings.

I adjusted myself and slowly began to drift off to sleep, thinking of absolutely nothing.

------

bye! i love you all!

<3