Chapter 14

Ben’s POV

Our kissing session was nothing I’ve ever felt before. Before, I always thought kissing was something people did in movies. Or in scenarios where they wanted everyone to know they were together. But kissing Mason, I realized there was another reason people did it. 

It’s to show how much they admire… like… love… someone. All this makes me wonder why people don’t kiss 24/7. It’s so wonderful to feel the passion and heat from someone. Both people feel the exact same thing. 

I decided to buy Mason some magnolias. He already has some in his garden but I figured why not get him a bouquet. I’m sure he’ll love this. As I was walking out of the flower shop, magnolias in hand, I got a call from my sister.

“Hey Kat-”

“BEN!” She yelled into the phone. I pulled it away from my ear before bringing it back. 

“Yeah? What’s wrong?” I asked. Her voice was a bit shaky.

“Father’s investigating the pilot!” She said into the phone.

“Shit! Has the pilot confessed anything?” I asked. I paid a lot of money to the pilot to stay silent. But my father is king. He overrules my authority for now.

“I honestly don’t know. Everything is hectic here. Father keeps going on diatribes to anyone who speaks to him. And they’re looking into where the plane went.”

“What do I do then? I can’t let them find me now.” I began to panic.

“You need to lay low. Be as quiet as possible. But I’m pretty sure the US is next on dad’s list.” 

“Fine! I just need like three more weeks. I need to get things in order before I leave.” I said.

“Is it that boy, Mason?” She asked. Her voice was now happier.

“I don’t have time to explain, but we made out.” 

“FINALLY!” She sighed. “Just make sure you’re actually prepared to leave.” She hung up quickly. Problem is, I don’t want to abandon Mase. He’s one of the most influential people in my life. 

That’ll be a problem for the future. I need to get these flowers to Mase. I entered his home and saw boxes on the table. He was running around getting things into bags. 

“What’s going on here?” I asked a very tired and exhausted Mase. He stopped running and turned to me. He waited a while before catching his breath.

“Forgot to tell you. I do a charity thing for a shelter. I’m packing things right now.” He said. He looked down at the flowers.

“These are for you.” I held out the flowers. He got them and smelled them.

“They’re beautiful. Thanks, Ben.” He hugged me. “Can you help me?” He asked. I nodded and we took the boxes to the car. He hopped in and drove us to a building where a woman was waiting outside. “Wait here.” Mase said. He walked out and talked to the woman before he got back in and drove the car inside the building. 

We got out of the car and began to get the boxes out of the car. We went back and forth and stacked them on a table.

“Thank you so much for this, Mason. We always appreciate your help.” The woman who talked to Mase earlier said. “And you too, Ben. Volunteers are always welcome.” She said to me. I blushed at someone appreciating my actions. 

“Alright Ben, we’re done. You can wait in the car if you want.” He said. I turned and walked in. 

I sat in the car and watched as Mase talked with a bunch of people.

My mind went into further imaginations and began thinking way too ahead. But I imagined it for a while.

King Mason Howard. 

Mason has already proven himself to go out of his way to impress people. And the charity thing shows that he is selfless. He cares for other people. I can imagine Mason helping the kingdom and my people. And everyone would love him. 

“Ben.” Mase’s voice snapped me out of my daydream/possible future.

“Mason.” I said back.

“Wanna get ice cream?” He asked.

“Of course.” I said. He drove for a while. “What got you into donating for the charity?” I asked.

“I figured that since my life is pretty much bland, the best someone like me could do is give back.” 

“I love that.” I said. 

He’s perfect.

------
next chapter y'all... watch out!

bye! i love you all!

<3