chapter 9 !

:)

Delilah's POV !

It was the bottom of the 9th. The Dodgers vs The Astros. It's 3-2 them. There's a guy on third and a guy on first. Its a close game. It's Cody's turn to hit. He's 2 for 2 this game so I'm not too worried. I really believe that he can score the guy at 3rd.

ball 1

ball 2

strike 1

foul- strike 2

ball 3

shit shit shit

It's a full count. I start to get nervous. I pay close attention to the game and start bouncing my leg. The pitcher throws the ball hard and Cody hits it. The ball keeps on flying until it's out of the stadium. Home run! The stadium goes crazy. All of the Dodger families and Maude and I hug each other and cheer. We're all jumping around and freaking out.

As Cody is rounding the bases, the rest of the team comes out of the dugout and cheers Cody on. They all pile around him and celebrate his hit. I'm smiling ear to ear. He looks so happy. Mary bumps my shoulder and winks. I push her away and roll my eyes playfully.

-

It's the end of the game and all the families are waiting in this room for the team to come out. Eventually, they all come through the door. Each player goes to their family. I'm looking around for Cody. He ended up being the last one out. We make eye contact with each other and we both smile. He runs over to me.

He hugs me and picks me up and twirls me around. We're both laughing and finally he sets me down.

"What'd you think of my homer," Cody asked.

"Oh, you hit a home run? I didn't see it," I say sarcastically.

"Shutup," he says pushing my shoulder.

I laugh and say, "Your home run looked cool."

"Just cool?"

"You hit a grand slam last game! This home run was nothing."

He just laughs and shakes his head and says, "Yeah, whatever. Anyways, I remember you agreeing to go on a date with me after the game.."

"Oh that's right! I forgot about that. Well what do you want to do," I asked.

"You choose," he said.

"No! You're the home run hitter here. What do you want to do?"

"...Well I was thinking maybe you could come over to my place. Except this time we can make dinner and just watch a movie again."

I smile and say, "That sounds like a lot of fun!"

"Great! So I'm gonna go get my stuff and then we can head out," he says.

I nod my head and he leaves. I walk over to Maude who's talking to Ellen.

"Hey Delilah! I was just talking to Maude and I was wondering if you guys were free tonight. So are you? Some of the girls and I are coming over to my place and are hanging out and having some drinks," Ellen said.