Chapter 5_ Pain

Kiara's pov

While I was imprisoned, kidnapped, call it whatever you want, I sat behind a locked door and waited every minute, hour, day for them to come after me. But nothing yet.

My former foster parents made Aiden bring me to them. I didn't even try to look at my partner's eyes if you can call him a partner.

He pushed me back to the two foxes, walking away and leaving us alone.

"I have heard that you are gifted with powers." The Iceland fox started.

Yes, to kick your pathetic ass and send you both to Mars...

I just kept quiet and didn't say a word.

This time the Gray fox also finally spoke: "So then let's see how well you do with some tasks."

They took me to another room where there were various weapons. From the smallest pistol to a giant one.
There were hundreds of them!

Since when do they have all this dangerous stuff and who are they...? What do they intend to use them for?

I swallowed in worry. More than anything I wanted to get out of here...

"As you can see, all these precious weapons are empty, but we want you to fill them with your Ice powers." The woman pointed out.

I almost fell down because of their wishes.

"What? I-it's not possible, I-I can't... i-it can take away a lot of energy and-"

Before I could finish what I wanted to say, the man took out the remote control from his pocket and, pressing one button, gave my attached strap a painful electric shock.

Then he grabbed my muzzle painfully and growled furiously: "Stop making excuses for once and start doing what we told you!"

Due to the sharp reaction and slight pain around my muzzle and neck, I burst into tears and bowed my head.

I had no idea how to fill the weapons with my power...

"Stop crying and start working if you don't want more pain. So that everything will be ready by the end of the day."

And so... they left, slamming the door behind them.

I was left alone in that vast room full of weapons.

I sat down at the first gun and tried to fill it. I tried everything, but at first, I had to open the gun to fill it.

It wasn't that simple.

Also, I didn't have enough strength to loosen and disassemble the weapon, and even if I did, I didn't remember how to put it back together afterward.
It used to make me nervous.

[...]

The end of the day was approaching.

I noticed that until the two foxes came back to see the process.

I was afraid to admit that I hadn't even made it halfway.
Some weapons weren't fully assembled due to my inability to do so.

Breathing heavily, I raised my eyes weakly and began to tremble as a deadly flame of anger appeared in both of their eyes.

"Ugh, what we were talking about!?" The Iceland fox started yelling at me.

"Get up!"

I stood up instantly with my head down. The woman came up to me and growled, "Is that what you call a job well done?"

Soon I got another unpleasant, painful shock to my neck, and then they grabbed my hand and started to lead me away from the room.

I didn't understand where I was being taken, but I had never felt such great fear for such a long time.

They took me to another room and made me sit in a chair.

There they tied me with ropes and tied my mouth, eyes, and ears shut so that I couldn't see, hear or even speak.

No matter how much I screamed not to do it, of course, no one would listen to me and well, I had to sit like that for seven whole hours...

Third person's pov

The team searched as hard as they could, but there was no clue from both of them.

They explored every old, abandoned building, but came home again without their friends.

That evening, Kaden got a call from his parents to find out how the trip was going.

The fox was worried that both of them would find out the truth because both of them really wanted to talk to Kiara as well.

"Hehehee..." Kadi nervously laughed while he was on a video call with his parents, "you called a little bit late because Kiara just went to sleep..."

"At ten? I thought she didn't go to bed around that time." Father narrowed his eyes.

He could already see the slightly worried spark in mother's eyes.

This made the boy even more nervous.

Fortunately, the others came to help, saying that Kia was too tired from the long day.

So, in the end, the parents accepted it and told Kaden to tell the gray marble fox to call when she can.

"Eh, thanks for saving me." Kadi sighed as he put the phone away.

"You're welcome." Amber smiled weakly.

"However, we must hurry. My parents will surely want to contact Kiara and sooner or later they will find out that something is not right..."